We Energies says an estimated 7,100 customers are without power this afternoon in the Brookfield, New Berlin and Waukesha area.
Brian Manthey, media spokesman for the company, said the outage started at 11:15 a.m. Friday morning and crews have already restored power to some of the affected customers.
"We are looking into the cause of the outage, but it may have been caused by equipment failure at the intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Calhoun Road where the outage started," Manthey said.
We Energies expects to have all affected customers restored by 1 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man accused of choking ex-girlfriend over Facebook post
- Carroll student director's effort deals with no small Peanuts in Waukesha play
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub still closed for 'restaffing' in downtown Waukesha
- Meijer gets final approval from Waukesha Common Council
- More iPads, time changes highlight start of school year in Waukesha
- Sweet Perfections Bake Shoppe reopens at larger location after 10 years in downtown Waukesha
- 'Kite Runner,' 'Chinese Handcuffs' will remain in Waukesha schools despite objection
- What else could downtown Waukesha use? More foot traffic