Heritage Research Ltd., a historical and environmental consulting firm in Menomonee Falls, has been retained to conduct a reconnaissance resurvey for the City of Waukesha.
Surveys of this sort are intended to identify properties of historical and/or architectural significance that are at least 50 years old or older. A previous survey was completed in 1982.
The project is sponsored by the City of Waukesha and the city's Landmarks Commission and is financed with Federal funds from the National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior and administered by the Wisconsin Historical Society.
A public information meeting has been scheduled in order to inform the general public of the details associated with the survey, as well as to solicit information from those individuals that are aware of significant historical resources in Waukesha that have not already been identified.
The primary goal is to identify more recent properties (built since the 1940s) of historical or architectural significance.
Public input from local residents or historians can be invaluable for a survey of this nature. Representatives from both Heritage Research Ltd. and the Wisconsin Historical Society will direct the meeting, which will begin with the ceremonial presentation of the funding for the project. The informational meeting begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15 in the Waukesha Common Council Chambers, 201 Delafield St.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, but wish to share your knowledge and/or information regarding historical resources, contact Traci E. Schnell of Heritage Research Ltd. at (262) 251-7792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cuddles shop in downtown Waukesha closing its doors
- Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas holding virtual Town Hall meeting on Twitter
- Storms do damage once again in Waukesha
- Driving lesson in Waukesha's Prairie Home Cemetery results in police call
- Ideal weather helps boost Waukesha County Fair attendance
- Waukesha stabbing victim receives military Purple Heart
- Shoppes at Fox River gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- City of Waukesha will have new system for garbage, recycling pickup in 2015
- Two more Waukesha-area forums focus on District 97 state race
- Community briefs: July 31, 2014 issue