The shared health clinic that was approved by three governmental bodies this spring now has a name.
The clinic, on the Waukesha County Courthouse campus, will be called the Waukesha Employee Health & Wellness Center.
Lynn Cummings, executive assistant in the superintendent for the assistant superintendent of student services for the School District of Waukesha, had the winning entry.
City Administrator Ed Henschel said in his report that more than 500 suggestions were received from employees of the city, county and school district to name the new employee health clinic.
The clinic will be in the offices of the county Division Of Public Health at 615 W. Moreland Blvd.
Employees and retirees of the city, county and school district, along with their families, will be able to use the facility.
The three governmental entities approved of the intergovernmental agreement for a joint employee health clinic this spring. The clinic will be operated by the North Carolina-based healthcare provider Healthstat.
If there is at least 50-percent participation, the clinic is expected to save the three entities a combined $8 million. Employees aren't required to use the facility, which will provide primary care, wellness, pharmacy, occupational medicine and health assessments. But according to officials with the governmental entities, if more people use the center the greater the savings will be for the entities.
Significantly lower copays is one cost-saving measure employees will see if they use the clinic, which will be set up so employees of the three entities can use their insurance there.
The cost of operations would be shared in proportion to the eligible members of each entity, with the school district paying 44 percent, the county 40 percent and the city 16 percent.
The facility, which has to undergo renovations, is expected to be open by Nov. 1.
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, threatened her to drop charges
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide
- Waukesha Farmers Market set to kickoff 2016 season May 7
- Funeral Services: April 28, 2016 issue
- Longtime local criminal Julio Alvarez gets prison for robbing Waukesha gas station (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Healthy kids, Arbor Day and more
- Waukesha police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Waukesha West students learn global lessons up close on service trip
- Proposed strip mall, eatery could replace Gasthaus restaurant
- Proposed apartment project for Waukesha County Museum remains stalled