A 34-year-old man was listed in serious condition, but is recovering after sustaining a gun shot wound in the lower abdomen Sept. 26.
Waukesha Police and Fire Department personnel responded to a shooting incident just before 4:40 p.m. in the 2700 block of Albany Court, Sgt. Joe Hendricks said. The man was conscious and alert when police arrived to the scene, Hendricks said.
After an investigation it was determined the gunshot was self inflicted.
A second subject on the scene sustained non-life threatening injuries and was treated at a local hospital.
Hendricks said no suspects are in police custody at this time. Names are also not available at this time, Hendricks added.
"This was an isolated incident and the public should not fear any further danger," Hendricks said.
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, threatened her to drop charges
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide
- Waukesha Farmers Market set to kickoff 2016 season May 7
- Funeral Services: April 28, 2016 issue
- Longtime local criminal Julio Alvarez gets prison for robbing Waukesha gas station (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Healthy kids, Arbor Day and more
- Waukesha police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Waukesha West students learn global lessons up close on service trip
- Proposed strip mall, eatery could replace Gasthaus restaurant
- Proposed apartment project for Waukesha County Museum remains stalled