A 34-year-old man was listed in serious condition, but is recovering after sustaining a gun shot wound in the lower abdomen Sept. 26.
Waukesha Police and Fire Department personnel responded to a shooting incident just before 4:40 p.m. in the 2700 block of Albany Court, Sgt. Joe Hendricks said. The man was conscious and alert when police arrived to the scene, Hendricks said.
After an investigation it was determined the gunshot was self inflicted.
A second subject on the scene sustained non-life threatening injuries and was treated at a local hospital.
Hendricks said no suspects are in police custody at this time. Names are also not available at this time, Hendricks added.
"This was an isolated incident and the public should not fear any further danger," Hendricks said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board approves resolution for staff to seek redevelopment proposals on former HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee