A 34-year-old man was listed in serious condition, but is recovering after sustaining a gun shot wound in the lower abdomen Sept. 26.
Waukesha Police and Fire Department personnel responded to a shooting incident just before 4:40 p.m. in the 2700 block of Albany Court, Sgt. Joe Hendricks said. The man was conscious and alert when police arrived to the scene, Hendricks said.
After an investigation it was determined the gunshot was self inflicted.
A second subject on the scene sustained non-life threatening injuries and was treated at a local hospital.
Hendricks said no suspects are in police custody at this time. Names are also not available at this time, Hendricks added.
"This was an isolated incident and the public should not fear any further danger," Hendricks said.
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Plants sale, 'Gypsy' auditions and more
- Waukesha police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Farmer's Daughter Collection in Waukesha makes cultural connection
- Allô! Chocolat owners seek sweet deal for downtown Waukesha business
- Waukesha School District lauds change in food service provider
- Retzer Nature Center locked down May 25 due to attempted suicide
- Reconstruction of Tenny Avenue in Waukesha prompts short-term closure of nearby intersection
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more