A 34-year-old man was listed in serious condition, but is recovering after sustaining a gun shot wound in the lower abdomen Sept. 26.
Waukesha Police and Fire Department personnel responded to a shooting incident just before 4:40 p.m. in the 2700 block of Albany Court, Sgt. Joe Hendricks said. The man was conscious and alert when police arrived to the scene, Hendricks said.
After an investigation it was determined the gunshot was self inflicted.
A second subject on the scene sustained non-life threatening injuries and was treated at a local hospital.
Hendricks said no suspects are in police custody at this time. Names are also not available at this time, Hendricks added.
"This was an isolated incident and the public should not fear any further danger," Hendricks said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Robotics class, concealed carry, job fair and more
- Waukesha Reads program continues: Oct. 8-14 events
- Vietnamese restaurant Pho King opens, pizza eatery Bobanna's closes in Waukesha (1)
- Food drive grows bigger in Waukesha's District 12
- Xperience Fitness and Dollar Tree open in old Waukesha Kmart
- West Allis man charged with video taping women's restroom at UW-Waukesha
- Housing development hopes to stay at home in town of Waukesha
- Waukesha officials try to plug holes tied to GE move
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Cafe De Arts plans to relocate within Waukesha in coming months