Siblings charged with drug possession after near-fatal overdose
Complaint: Woman, 27, found by police unconscious and barely breathing
A 26-year-old Waukesha man was charged last week with heroin possession after police were called to his residence to save his sister from a drug overdose.
Daniel Meindl was charged Monday, Feb. 17, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with delivering a controlled substance, narcotic drug possession and drug paraphernalia possession.
Emilee Meindl, 27, was charged on the same date with narcotic drug possession.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police officers were dispatched at 3:50 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15, to a residence at 403 Darlene Drive regarding a drug overdose.
Police were directed to the basement, where they found Emilee Meindl unconscious and barely breathing, the complaint states. Paramedics from the Waukesha Fire Department injected the woman with Narcan, an overdose antidote, and she regained consciousness.
She told police in the complaint that she and her brother had injected heroin. Daniel Meindl initially denied involvement, but later admitted that he had purchased the heroin from a Milwaukee dealer, the complaint states.
Police recovered from the home several items typically used to inject heroin, according to the complaint.
Daniel Meindl could face up to 16 years in prison and $35,500 in fines. Emilee Meindl could face 31/2 years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
Daniel Meindl's cash bond was set at $5,000 at an initial appearance on Feb. 17.
Emilee Meindl is expected to make an initial appearance in court on March 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board gives staff go-ahead to seek redevelopment proposals on old HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee