Siblings charged with drug possession after near-fatal overdose
Complaint: Woman, 27, found by police unconscious and barely breathing
A 26-year-old Waukesha man was charged last week with heroin possession after police were called to his residence to save his sister from a drug overdose.
Daniel Meindl was charged Monday, Feb. 17, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with delivering a controlled substance, narcotic drug possession and drug paraphernalia possession.
Emilee Meindl, 27, was charged on the same date with narcotic drug possession.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police officers were dispatched at 3:50 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15, to a residence at 403 Darlene Drive regarding a drug overdose.
Police were directed to the basement, where they found Emilee Meindl unconscious and barely breathing, the complaint states. Paramedics from the Waukesha Fire Department injected the woman with Narcan, an overdose antidote, and she regained consciousness.
She told police in the complaint that she and her brother had injected heroin. Daniel Meindl initially denied involvement, but later admitted that he had purchased the heroin from a Milwaukee dealer, the complaint states.
Police recovered from the home several items typically used to inject heroin, according to the complaint.
Daniel Meindl could face up to 16 years in prison and $35,500 in fines. Emilee Meindl could face 31/2 years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
Daniel Meindl's cash bond was set at $5,000 at an initial appearance on Feb. 17.
Emilee Meindl is expected to make an initial appearance in court on March 10.
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Plants sale, 'Gypsy' auditions and more
- Waukesha police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Farmer's Daughter Collection in Waukesha makes cultural connection
- Allô! Chocolat owners seek sweet deal for downtown Waukesha business
- Waukesha School District lauds change in food service provider
- Retzer Nature Center locked down May 25 due to attempted suicide
- Reconstruction of Tenny Avenue in Waukesha prompts short-term closure of nearby intersection
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more