Six of 10 aldermanic districts will see a race
Incumbents not running in Districts 12, 15
After many last-day entries for one of the 10 aldermanic seats on the ballot in the City of Waukesha, the campaign period is officially under way.
Nine of 10 districts on the ballot are for three-year terms. District 6 is a one-year term due to the death of the previous alderman.
Four aldermen have no challengers, while Alderman Roger Patton has the most challengers in District 11, which serves downtown.
And with District 12 Alderman Richard Hastings and District 15 Alderman Duane Paulson filing for noncandidacy last month, there will be at least two new aldermen on the 15-member Common Council.
The primary is Feb. 19, and the general election is April 2.
Below is a look at those who filed for candidacy.
Terry Thieme (inc.),1712 Stardust Drive
Mark Myers, 1922 Ruben Drive
John Holst, 2051 Highland Ave.
Joe Pieper (inc.), 1011 W. Glenn Drive
Paul Ybarra (inc.), 2610 Keri Court
Adam Jankowski (inc.), 114 Hinman Ave.
Marga Krumins, 321 Harrison Ave.
Vance Skinner (inc.), 200 McCall St.
Emanuele Vitale, 807 E. Broadway
Kathleen Cummings (inc.), 1325 E. Roberta Ave.
Roger Patton (inc.), 222 Park Place
Lenny Miller, 126 Central Ave.
James Cowee,325 W. Main St.
Kyle Villarreal Sr., 406 Wisconsin Ave.
Tyler Hoffman, 408 N. West Ave.
Aaron Perry, 912 Valley Hill Drive
Gary Krivos, 1058 River Place Blvd.
Joan Francoeur (inc.), 201 N. Comanche Lane
Russel Stewart. 1800 Kensington Drive
Cory Payne, 450 Kimberly Drive
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suspects from Hartland, Oconomowoc charged for their alleged roles in robbery of Waukesha bank
- Sprizzo Gallery Caffé closes in downtown Waukesha
- Senior housing now part of plan for Fox Head Residences in Waukesha
- Waukesha Community Briefs: UW-W drama, Gaelic library events and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Waukesha man accused of sexually assaulting his 17-year-old cousin
- Waukesha man reportedly robbed gas station after 'giving up on life'
- Waukesha woman accused of killing a 2-year-old girl gets trial date
- Attorneys in Slender Man stabbing case make final plea in effort to reclassify offense
- UW-Waukesha's 'Wings' opens Friday