Swan, Myers head to general election for Waukesha County District 10 seat
Incumbent secures over half of votes cast
District 10 County Board Supervisor David Swan and the Rev. Mark Myers will advance to the general election for the District 10 County Board seat.
Swan, 73, captured a sizable margin of the votes, with 53 percent of the 577 votes cast. Myers, 45, won 28 percent of the votes.
Swan said he would like to thank his social media people who helped get the vote out, despite the bad weather. Swan said he had knocked on 800 doors in the lead up to the primary.
"It was cold and windy," he said. "I usually waited until the warmest part of the day, which was hardly above zero, but people wre still very receptive."
Swan thanked public works employees in Waukesha County for their efforts in clearing the roads.
Swan is a veteran of Waukesha County politics, serving for more than 10 years as a county supervisor. He is a retired science teacher and livestock farmer.
Myers serves the faithful in both Milwaukee and Waukesha. He previously said he decided to run for the County Board seat to tackle wasteful spending.
He said he was excited and honored to be able to move forward to the general election. "I look forward to serving the county," he said.
According to the unofficial results, Swan secured 306 votes and Myers secured 162 votes. Shipping manager Michael Wandrey secured 105 votes.
County Board District 10
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journal Sentinel editorial: Maybe city and town of Brookfields should become one, rather than the town becoming a village
- Bedroom fire causes significant damage to Waukesha home
- The Spoon restaurant near downtown Waukesha closed 'until further notice'
- Fire damages home at Wexford Court in Waukesha
- Waukesha man sentenced to prison for his role in 2014 shooting on Kensington Drive
- Taco John's donates 10 percent of sales to family of Saeed Sharwani
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Grocery tips, eco-friendly workshops and more
- Mom bails out son, drives him to ex-girlfriend's house for confrontation (1)
- Waukesha Police Report: Jan. 29, 2015 issue
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha