Town of Waukesha names new well monitor
Fischer, a town supervisor, to oversee town's water maintenance
The town of Waukesha is getting well prepared for the future.
At a town meeting on Thursday, May 22, Supervisor Brian Fischer was appointed to oversee the monitoring of the town of Waukesha's wells.
The first items on his to-do list are to determine the frequency and duration of the well monitoring.
"It appears there was a void from December 2010 to September 2012 when the wells weren't monitored," said Town Chairman John Marek.
The measure passed on a 4-1 vote, with Supervisor Larry Wolf casting the lone vote in opposition. Wolf, who expressed concerns about having Fischer oversee the wells, nominated himself to oversee the project; however, that motion failed on a 4-1 vote.
Fischer, who originally requested that the item be put on the agenda, said that his knowledge and insight of the wells' background and history put him in a good position to oversee the monitoring.
Also on Thursday, a motion was approved on a 4-1 vote to amend a town ordinance, which will require board members to be physically present at regular meetings, special meetings and committee meetings in the room in which the meeting is being held.
In the past, supervisors had the option to tune into meetings through Skype, a videoconferencing method. Marek had previously tried to get the same ordinance passed in June, but the motion was rejected at the time.
A change in an ordinance requires a vote from four of the five board members.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man accused of child sex assault for groping 12-year-old girls
- Waukesha County Fair's attendance "one of the best" in its history
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm