After a heated 2013 election season in the Town of Waukesha, what does 2014 have in store?
Town of Waukesha residents will find out shortly as two supervisor seats will be up in 2014.
Supervisors Joe Banske and Mike Laska's positions are on the ballot.
Each is a two-year term.
Candidates have until 5 p.m. Jan. 7 to submit a campaign registration statement, nomination papers and a declaration of candidacy to Town Hall, W250 S3567 Center Road.
New candidates should file a campaign registration statement as soon as intent to seek elective office is known and before funds are collected or spent. Continuing candidates should file an amended campaign registration statement.
Between 20 and 100 signatures are needed for candidates. All candidates should file a campaign registration statement or amended statement before circulating nomination papers.
A spring primary election, if needed, would be held Feb. 18 with the spring election on April 1.
Earlier this spring, Brian Fischer, with no challenger, won another term as Supervisor 4. Meanwhile, two incumbents who had opponents were defeated.
Chairwoman Angie E. Van Scyoc lost to challenger John Marek, who led a hard-hitting campaign, while Supervisor Everett German was ousted by challenger Larry Wolf.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Town of Waukesha Fire Department hosting open house, pancake breakfast
- Former Waukesha pastor charged with sexual assault pleads not guilty
- Two suspects broke into Tobacco Outlet Plus this week in Waukesha
- District: 'inappropriate image wasn't taken with school iPad,' but police say device part of investigation
- Sex assault charges the latest filed against Hartland man
- Lowell Elementary School goes on lockdown after intruder assaults three people
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Montessori gala, art displays and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Reads program is under way
- Waukesha files lawsuit against condo developer