After a heated 2013 election season in the Town of Waukesha, what does 2014 have in store?
Town of Waukesha residents will find out shortly as two supervisor seats will be up in 2014.
Supervisors Joe Banske and Mike Laska's positions are on the ballot.
Each is a two-year term.
Candidates have until 5 p.m. Jan. 7 to submit a campaign registration statement, nomination papers and a declaration of candidacy to Town Hall, W250 S3567 Center Road.
New candidates should file a campaign registration statement as soon as intent to seek elective office is known and before funds are collected or spent. Continuing candidates should file an amended campaign registration statement.
Between 20 and 100 signatures are needed for candidates. All candidates should file a campaign registration statement or amended statement before circulating nomination papers.
A spring primary election, if needed, would be held Feb. 18 with the spring election on April 1.
Earlier this spring, Brian Fischer, with no challenger, won another term as Supervisor 4. Meanwhile, two incumbents who had opponents were defeated.
Chairwoman Angie E. Van Scyoc lost to challenger John Marek, who led a hard-hitting campaign, while Supervisor Everett German was ousted by challenger Larry Wolf.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly assaulting 12-year-old boy
- Disgraced former Waukesha County sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Former sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, awards lunch, health clinics and more
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Waukesha man accused of delivering drugs that caused overdose death
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Waukesha lists curbside pickup and drop-off center times for leaves
- Spooky, isn't it: Halloween season kicks in Waukesha with Wisconsin Feargrounds
- Waukesha County budget avoids adding to tax bill