Those interested in learning more about the five candidates running for the District 11 aldermanic seat can attend two forums.
The five individuals seeking the position, which has a three-year term, will be on hand at 3 p.m. Sunday at the East Terrace Apartments, 801 East Ave., and at 7 p.m. Monday at Avalon Square, 222 Park Place.
In addition to Alderman Roger Patton, the candidates for District 11 are Tyler Hoffman Sr., Lenny Miller, James Cowee and Kyle Villarreal Sr.
Of the 10 aldermanicdistricts that will have an election this spring, District 11, which represents constituents in downtown, has the most challengers.
During these forums, organized by downtown resident Victoria Hekkers, the candidates will have a few minutes to introduce themselves and answer two questions: What they feel is important to the downtown and what is important to the surrounding central city neighborhoods.
Audience members will be able to submit questions in writing. Moderators will belocal members of the media.
In the last election in 2010, Patton defeated Miller.
The forums are in advance of the Feb. 19 Primary. The General Election is April 2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Edible habitats, Candy Cane tales and more
- Master Z's founder has moved on from his Waukesha billiard business
- Filing period begins for city, town and school seats in Waukesha
- December events in Waukesha have Christmas in mind — to varying extents
- Alderwoman Joan Francoeur isn't seeking another term
- Waukesha man to serve two years for stealing vehicle belonging to friend's mom
- Other downtown Waukesha apartment project remains at a standstill
- Waukesha County Museum project holds on to more history in revised plan
- Waukesha woman given probation for selling drugs from home
- Woman rescued from vehicle in Fox River downtown Waukesha