Those interested in learning more about the five candidates running for the District 11 aldermanic seat can attend two forums.
The five individuals seeking the position, which has a three-year term, will be on hand at 3 p.m. Sunday at the East Terrace Apartments, 801 East Ave., and at 7 p.m. Monday at Avalon Square, 222 Park Place.
In addition to Alderman Roger Patton, the candidates for District 11 are Tyler Hoffman Sr., Lenny Miller, James Cowee and Kyle Villarreal Sr.
Of the 10 aldermanicdistricts that will have an election this spring, District 11, which represents constituents in downtown, has the most challengers.
During these forums, organized by downtown resident Victoria Hekkers, the candidates will have a few minutes to introduce themselves and answer two questions: What they feel is important to the downtown and what is important to the surrounding central city neighborhoods.
Audience members will be able to submit questions in writing. Moderators will belocal members of the media.
In the last election in 2010, Patton defeated Miller.
The forums are in advance of the Feb. 19 Primary. The General Election is April 2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- Former Waukesha County Health and Human Services building has new life
- Shared employee health clinic opening next week in Waukesha
- Funeral Services: Oct. 30, 2014
- Student Notes: Oct. 30, 2014
- On the Move: Oct. 30, 2014
- Man robs victim of iPhone near Waukesha's Fox River Trail
- Waukesha woman allegedly abused, insulted her disabled mother
- Downtown Waukesha holiday lights project comes up short in fundraising efforts
- Big lines expected at the polls in Waukesha