Those interested in learning more about the five candidates running for the District 11 aldermanic seat can attend two forums.
The five individuals seeking the position, which has a three-year term, will be on hand at 3 p.m. Sunday at the East Terrace Apartments, 801 East Ave., and at 7 p.m. Monday at Avalon Square, 222 Park Place.
In addition to Alderman Roger Patton, the candidates for District 11 are Tyler Hoffman Sr., Lenny Miller, James Cowee and Kyle Villarreal Sr.
Of the 10 aldermanicdistricts that will have an election this spring, District 11, which represents constituents in downtown, has the most challengers.
During these forums, organized by downtown resident Victoria Hekkers, the candidates will have a few minutes to introduce themselves and answer two questions: What they feel is important to the downtown and what is important to the surrounding central city neighborhoods.
Audience members will be able to submit questions in writing. Moderators will belocal members of the media.
In the last election in 2010, Patton defeated Miller.
The forums are in advance of the Feb. 19 Primary. The General Election is April 2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha police respond to couple fighting after an alleged argument over dance music at Salty Toad
- 'Loud political conversation' brings police to Waukesha residence
- Waukesha man accused of child sex assault for groping 12-year-old girls
- Waukesha County Fair's attendance "one of the best" in its history
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha