Waukesha bar fight leads to head injury and felony charges
Man, 21, faces 3 1/2 years in prison
A domestic dispute outside the Salty Toad Tavern in April left one woman concussed and a man facing felony charges.
The 21-year-old Waukesha man was charged April 28 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with substantial battery, a Class I felony which carries a maximum sentence of 31/2 years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
The man will not be named to protect the victim's identity.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police officers were dispatched for a fight at the Salty Toad Tavern, 921 Friedman Drive, at 1 a.m. April 26.
Police found a woman rolling on the floor speaking nonsense when they arrived, the complaint states. A bar manager told police the woman was pushed to the floor by her boyfriend during an argument outside the bar.
The woman was transported to Waukesha Memorial Hospital and treated for a brain hemorrhage and a cut to the back of her head.
The man admitted in the complaint to pushing the woman, but said she was drunk and unruly. Surveillance footage shows the man violently throwing the woman to the floor, causing her to strike her head on the pavement, the complaint states.
The man was released from Waukesha County Jail on a $2,500 signature bond, according to court records. He was ordered at a April 28 initial appearance to have no violent contact with his girlfriend.
A hearing has been scheduled for Monday, May 19.
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, threatened her to drop charges
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide
- Waukesha Farmers Market set to kickoff 2016 season May 7
- Funeral Services: April 28, 2016 issue
- Longtime local criminal Julio Alvarez gets prison for robbing Waukesha gas station (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Healthy kids, Arbor Day and more
- Waukesha police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Waukesha West students learn global lessons up close on service trip
- Proposed strip mall, eatery could replace Gasthaus restaurant
- Proposed apartment project for Waukesha County Museum remains stalled