Waukesha bar fight leads to head injury and felony charges
Man, 21, faces 3 1/2 years in prison
A domestic dispute outside the Salty Toad Tavern in April left one woman concussed and a man facing felony charges.
The 21-year-old Waukesha man was charged April 28 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with substantial battery, a Class I felony which carries a maximum sentence of 31/2 years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
The man will not be named to protect the victim's identity.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police officers were dispatched for a fight at the Salty Toad Tavern, 921 Friedman Drive, at 1 a.m. April 26.
Police found a woman rolling on the floor speaking nonsense when they arrived, the complaint states. A bar manager told police the woman was pushed to the floor by her boyfriend during an argument outside the bar.
The woman was transported to Waukesha Memorial Hospital and treated for a brain hemorrhage and a cut to the back of her head.
The man admitted in the complaint to pushing the woman, but said she was drunk and unruly. Surveillance footage shows the man violently throwing the woman to the floor, causing her to strike her head on the pavement, the complaint states.
The man was released from Waukesha County Jail on a $2,500 signature bond, according to court records. He was ordered at a April 28 initial appearance to have no violent contact with his girlfriend.
A hearing has been scheduled for Monday, May 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Site of former Kmart in Waukesha on Sunset Drive will be redeveloped
- New Salvation Army officers learning Waukesha
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects returning to court for competency hearings
- Waukesha Plan Commission shops for better plan for vacant Kmart
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Fire damages American Auto Body in Waukesha
- Farnsworth breeds 100,000th cow
- Waukesha police looking into leads from armed robbery near Carroll University
- Waukesha STEM students win Young Inventors Challenge at Chicago Toy & Game Fair
- Carroll University student injured in armed robbery near campus (1)