The Waukesha Common Council approved of a salary increase for City Administrator Ed Henschel.
After meeting in closed session last week, the council voted 13-1 to give Henschel a raise. Henschel currently makes $140,000 and was given a 2 percent salary increase retroactive to Jan. 1 and a 1.5 percent increase that will go into effect July 1.
Common Council President Eric Payne was the lone alderman who voted against the salary increase.
Henschel has been Waukesha's full-time city administrator since the fall of 2012.
He replaced Lori Luther, who left in the summer of 2011. After Luther left, Community Development Director Steve Crandell held the position on an interim basis until Henschel was hired.
As the administrator, Henschel is responsible for the overall coordination and direction of the day-to-day operations of city government and provides the council policy information and recommendations, implements council policies, prepares the annual budget for council consideration and supervises department directors and managers.
In late 2012, Henschel also took on the responsibility of overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Waukesha Business Improvement District when it was in a state of limbo after a majority of its members resigned.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Driving lesson in Waukesha's Prairie Home Cemetery results in police call
- Ideal weather helps boost Waukesha County Fair attendance
- Waukesha stabbing victim receives military Purple Heart
- Shoppes at Fox River gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- City of Waukesha will have new system for garbage, recycling pickup in 2015
- Two more Waukesha-area forums focus on District 97 state race
- Community briefs: July 31, 2014 issue
- Controversial book will remain in Waukesha School District's libraries
- One will emerge from crowded GOP field for District 97 assembly seat
- Waukesha Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue