The Waukesha Common Council approved of a salary increase for City Administrator Ed Henschel.
After meeting in closed session last week, the council voted 13-1 to give Henschel a raise. Henschel currently makes $140,000 and was given a 2 percent salary increase retroactive to Jan. 1 and a 1.5 percent increase that will go into effect July 1.
Common Council President Eric Payne was the lone alderman who voted against the salary increase.
Henschel has been Waukesha's full-time city administrator since the fall of 2012.
He replaced Lori Luther, who left in the summer of 2011. After Luther left, Community Development Director Steve Crandell held the position on an interim basis until Henschel was hired.
As the administrator, Henschel is responsible for the overall coordination and direction of the day-to-day operations of city government and provides the council policy information and recommendations, implements council policies, prepares the annual budget for council consideration and supervises department directors and managers.
In late 2012, Henschel also took on the responsibility of overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Waukesha Business Improvement District when it was in a state of limbo after a majority of its members resigned.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha woman allegedly 'went nuts,' cut and beat her friends, during disagreement
- Waukesha School District expanding partnership with Montessori private school
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Gotta Have Heart fundraiser, healthy grocery shopping and more
- In honor of Earth Day, volunteers will be out cleaning downtown Waukesha
- Drug deal gone wrong leads to armed robbery charges against three Waukesha men
- New high school grading system in Waukesha all about clarity
- Waukesha Police Report: April 23, 2015
- Waukesha County Museum's long-term plan goes into motion
- Brian Dorow joins Kapenga in District 33 state Senate race
- Waukesha County Museum redevelopment plan coming before city panel