Waukesha County Museum brings Les Paul's music to life
Band will perform legend's songs and more
The Waukesha County Museum will hold a concert to celebrate music icon Les Paul's birthday.
The Indiana-based The Gold Dust Band will perform at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Saturday, June 7, at the Waukesha County Museum, 101 W. Main St.
The group will play Les Paul favorites and other popular songs from the 1950s and 1960s. Each performance will be about 45 minutes and seating is limited. The concerts are free of charge with paid admission to the museum.
The concerts will be in the courtroom of the museum and seats around 120 people.
General admission is $7 for adults, $6 for seniors ages 62 and older, $5 for college students and students ages 13 to 17, $4 for children ages 6 to 12 and children 5 and younger get in free.
Paul, who was born and is buried in Waukesha, would have turned 99 on June 9.
He is known as "The Wizard of Waukesha" for his contributions to the music industry as a famous musician and inventor. To honor Paul, the Waukesha County Museum opened the Les Paul exhibit in 2013. The exhibit shows off some of Paul's rare collections.
The Gold Dust Band is an all-female country band that plays dance music from country, old rock, classic pop and big band.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha woman accused of stabbing boyfriend: 'you mess with me, you get cut'
- Several animals die in Waukesha house fire
- Multiple railroad crossings in Waukesha to receive repairs
- Editorial: It's time for the water fights to end
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Harp performers, Tribute concert series and more
- Waukesha Police Report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Parade, fireworks highlight Fourth of July festivities in Waukesha
- Top 10 things to do in Waukesha this summer
- Jury trials scheduled for Waukesha gas station homicide suspects
- Committee moves proposed downtown Waukesha apartment forward