Waukesha County Museum brings Les Paul's music to life
Band will perform legend's songs and more
The Waukesha County Museum will hold a concert to celebrate music icon Les Paul's birthday.
The Indiana-based The Gold Dust Band will perform at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Saturday, June 7, at the Waukesha County Museum, 101 W. Main St.
The group will play Les Paul favorites and other popular songs from the 1950s and 1960s. Each performance will be about 45 minutes and seating is limited. The concerts are free of charge with paid admission to the museum.
The concerts will be in the courtroom of the museum and seats around 120 people.
General admission is $7 for adults, $6 for seniors ages 62 and older, $5 for college students and students ages 13 to 17, $4 for children ages 6 to 12 and children 5 and younger get in free.
Paul, who was born and is buried in Waukesha, would have turned 99 on June 9.
He is known as "The Wizard of Waukesha" for his contributions to the music industry as a famous musician and inventor. To honor Paul, the Waukesha County Museum opened the Les Paul exhibit in 2013. The exhibit shows off some of Paul's rare collections.
The Gold Dust Band is an all-female country band that plays dance music from country, old rock, classic pop and big band.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zombie walk, trick-or-treating this weekend in downtown Waukesha
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance