A 22-year-old Waukesha County prisoner was accused of assaulting another inmate on June 11.
Siddique A Qureshi was charged last week in Waukesha County Circuit Court with battery. Qureshi, who has one prior conviction for burglary, will be tried as a repeat offender.
If convicted, he faces up to six additional years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Qureshi attacked a 30-year-old inmate after the two exchanged words near the common area of the jail.
Qureshi allegedly charged into the other inmate's cell and slammed his head against the jail floor and walls a number of times, and at one point attempted to bite him.
Police indicated they instructed the two prisoners to separate on multiple occasions and eventually deployed pepper spray in an attempt to neutralize them.
Qureshi continued to strike the other prisoner until officers subdued him with a Taser, the complaint states.
The man who Qureshi attacked had previously been convicted of assaulting a police officer and driving with a revoked license, according to court records.
Qureshi made his initial appearance in court on Thursday, June 12.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zombie walk, trick-or-treating this weekend in downtown Waukesha
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance