A 22-year-old Waukesha County prisoner was accused of assaulting another inmate on June 11.
Siddique A Qureshi was charged last week in Waukesha County Circuit Court with battery. Qureshi, who has one prior conviction for burglary, will be tried as a repeat offender.
If convicted, he faces up to six additional years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Qureshi attacked a 30-year-old inmate after the two exchanged words near the common area of the jail.
Qureshi allegedly charged into the other inmate's cell and slammed his head against the jail floor and walls a number of times, and at one point attempted to bite him.
Police indicated they instructed the two prisoners to separate on multiple occasions and eventually deployed pepper spray in an attempt to neutralize them.
Qureshi continued to strike the other prisoner until officers subdued him with a Taser, the complaint states.
The man who Qureshi attacked had previously been convicted of assaulting a police officer and driving with a revoked license, according to court records.
Qureshi made his initial appearance in court on Thursday, June 12.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Blood drive, walk to fight human trafficking, and more
- Waukesha Police Report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Village of Brookfield proposal draws out divergent opinions, pro and con, at hearing
- Waukesha stays on the road to updated construction this summer
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Local author's novel introduction, lantern walk and more
- Waukesha Police Report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Memorial Day recognition includes parade in Waukesha
- One year later, no resolution in Waukesha Slender Man case
- City officials hope new directional signs to downtown assists in revitalization effort
- Waukesha man charged after exposing genitals to gas station clerk