A 22-year-old Waukesha County prisoner was accused of assaulting another inmate on June 11.
Siddique A Qureshi was charged last week in Waukesha County Circuit Court with battery. Qureshi, who has one prior conviction for burglary, will be tried as a repeat offender.
If convicted, he faces up to six additional years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Qureshi attacked a 30-year-old inmate after the two exchanged words near the common area of the jail.
Qureshi allegedly charged into the other inmate's cell and slammed his head against the jail floor and walls a number of times, and at one point attempted to bite him.
Police indicated they instructed the two prisoners to separate on multiple occasions and eventually deployed pepper spray in an attempt to neutralize them.
Qureshi continued to strike the other prisoner until officers subdued him with a Taser, the complaint states.
The man who Qureshi attacked had previously been convicted of assaulting a police officer and driving with a revoked license, according to court records.
Qureshi made his initial appearance in court on Thursday, June 12.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: UW-W drama, Gaelic library events and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Waukesha man accused of sexually assaulting his 17-year-old cousin
- Waukesha man reportedly robbed gas station after 'giving up on life'
- Waukesha woman accused of killing a 2-year-old girl gets trial date
- Attorneys in Slender Man stabbing case make final plea in effort to reclassify offense
- UW-Waukesha's 'Wings' opens Friday
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects