A 26-year-old Oconomowoc man was accused on June 15 of his fourth drunken driving offense in eight years.
Christopher Nell, W346 S3058 Holland Court, was charged on Monday, June 16, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, driving with a revoked license and misdemeanor drug possession. Nell has three prior OWI convictions since June 2006.
If convicted, Nell faces up to 71/2 years in prison and $13,5000 in fines. He would lose his driving privileges for at least two years.
According to the criminal complaint, Nell was shouting and hooting at bike patrol officers while parked near the Salty Toad Bar on Riverfront Plaza in Waukesha.
The officers ignored him until he tried to leave and one of the officers reportedly caught a whiff of "burnt marijuana" wafting out of Nell's car.
The police asked Nell to perform some field sobriety tests, most of which he allegedly failed, and arrested him after a preliminary breath test revealed he had a blood alcohol content of 0.088, the complaint states.
Officers then searched Nell's car and found a joint containing tetrahydrocannabinol, the chief chemical component of marijuana.
According to court records, Nell is being held on a $1,000 cash bond. If released, he is ordered to maintain absolute sobriety and cannot operate any vehicle without a proper license.
His court hearing was scheduled for Thursday, June 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bedroom fire causes significant damage to Waukesha home
- The Spoon restaurant near downtown Waukesha closed 'until further notice'
- Fire damages home at Wexford Court in Waukesha
- Waukesha man sentenced to prison for his role in 2014 shooting on Kensington Drive
- Taco John's donates 10 percent of sales to family of Saeed Sharwani
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Grocery tips, eco-friendly workshops and more
- Mom bails out son, drives him to ex-girlfriend's house for confrontation (1)
- Waukesha Police Report: Jan. 29, 2015 issue
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha apartment plan may get further revisions