Using the theme "Fire and Ice," the 28th annual Waukesha JanBoree takes place next weekend, offering more than 30 winter activities for adults and children.
The JanBoree is sponsored by the City of Waukesha Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department.
Most of the events are free.
The JanBoree kicks off Jan. 18 with opening ceremonies at Lowell Park, 2201 Michigan Ave., with Today's TMJ4 Chief Meteorologist John Malan. Events begin at 3 p.m. with a fireworks show at 8.
The JanBoree continues the following day with many events, including a pancake breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the Schuetze Recreation Center, 1120 Baxter St., the ice-sculpting contest from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in downtown Waukesha, and the Frosty 5K Run/Walk from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Frame Park, among others.
The JanBoree concludes with more events Jan. 20 that includes an ice-fishing clinic from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Minooka County Park beach area and ice bowling from 1 to 2:30 p.m. at the Lowell Park ice rink.
In addition to the events, free recycling bins and workshops by the Waukesha County Recycling staff will be given at various locations during the JanBoree.
These events include the pancake breakfast, the Wiggle with Worms program, 10 to 11 a.m. Jan. 19 at the Retzer Nature Center, Skate with Recycle Raccoon, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the Eble Ice Arena Jan. 19, recycling games and activities, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 20 at Retzer Nature Center and Skate with Recycle Raccoon, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Jan. 20 at Naga-Waukee Ice Arena.
For more information and a complete list of events, visit JanBoree.org.
- 2016 Waukesha County Fair coverage
- Our Fair Ladies Blog: Video: Crafting and animal races at the Waukesha County Fair
- Outstanding fees could prevent students from graduation ceremonies
- Studio time gives students opportunity to create
- Stay cool at Hebron House and Jeremy Safe Haven
- Waukesha Salvation Army offering cool place to stay in light of impending heat wave
- Crest owner brings Irish flavor to new venture in downtown Waukesha
- Funeral Services: July 21, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha woman, drunk, grabbed gun following phone dispute
- Waukesha police report: July 21, 2016 issue