A 48-year-old Waukesha man was accused on Monday, June 23, of repeatedly kicking and punching a woman while intoxicated.
Feliciano Balboa, 710 Morgan Ave., was charged on Wednesday, June 25, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with aggravated battery, false imprisonment, disorderly conduct and criminal trespass — all domestic abuse offenses.
If convicted, Balboa faces up to almost 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, police responded late on Monday night to call about a man beating up a woman.
The victim told police in the complaint that she had been watching television that night when Balboa began pounding on her door and calling her names. She said she could tell by his voice that he was drunk.
Balboa appeared to leave after an interval, but allegedly attacked the victim on her way back from the building's laundry room later that night, reportedly chasing her out into a parking lot and pulling her from her vehicle before punching and kicking her in the head.
Another tenant at the apartment complex heard the commotion and chased off Balboa, the complaint states.
Police were not able to make contact with Balboa that night, but observed in the complaint that one of the victim's eyes had swollen shut and that she had multiple blood stains on her T-shirt.
The victim was taken to Waukesha Memorial Hospital for treatment of her injuries. While there, she reportedly told police that she was extremely nervous about her safety and that she believed Balboa would kill her.
According to court records, Balboa is being held on a $10,000 cash bond. If released, he is prohibited from having any contact with the victim and must maintain absolute sobriety.
Balboa's court hearing was scheduled for Tuesday, July 1.
- Delafield man gets jail for trying to burn down Waukesha home of ex-wife's new boyfriend
- Officials approve Carroll University's plan to buy, use historic Waukesha home
- Long-term construction project on Moreland Boulevard in Waukesha begins
- Police searching for man mistakenly released from Waukesha County Jail
- Waukesha panel delays decision on proposed development at Gasthaus site (1)
- Waukesha News Briefs: May 5, 2016 issue
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Choral concert, art crawl and more
- Waukesha police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- WWII veteran Alvin Kind receives honorary high school diploma from Waukesha South
- Review: Waukesha Civic Theater's 'Annie Get Your Gun' hits the mark