A 48-year-old Waukesha man was accused on Monday, June 23, of repeatedly kicking and punching a woman while intoxicated.
Feliciano Balboa, 710 Morgan Ave., was charged on Wednesday, June 25, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with aggravated battery, false imprisonment, disorderly conduct and criminal trespass — all domestic abuse offenses.
If convicted, Balboa faces up to almost 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, police responded late on Monday night to call about a man beating up a woman.
The victim told police in the complaint that she had been watching television that night when Balboa began pounding on her door and calling her names. She said she could tell by his voice that he was drunk.
Balboa appeared to leave after an interval, but allegedly attacked the victim on her way back from the building's laundry room later that night, reportedly chasing her out into a parking lot and pulling her from her vehicle before punching and kicking her in the head.
Another tenant at the apartment complex heard the commotion and chased off Balboa, the complaint states.
Police were not able to make contact with Balboa that night, but observed in the complaint that one of the victim's eyes had swollen shut and that she had multiple blood stains on her T-shirt.
The victim was taken to Waukesha Memorial Hospital for treatment of her injuries. While there, she reportedly told police that she was extremely nervous about her safety and that she believed Balboa would kill her.
According to court records, Balboa is being held on a $10,000 cash bond. If released, he is prohibited from having any contact with the victim and must maintain absolute sobriety.
Balboa's court hearing was scheduled for Tuesday, July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board gives staff go-ahead to seek redevelopment proposals on old HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee