A 48-year-old Waukesha man was accused on Monday, June 23, of repeatedly kicking and punching a woman while intoxicated.
Feliciano Balboa, 710 Morgan Ave., was charged on Wednesday, June 25, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with aggravated battery, false imprisonment, disorderly conduct and criminal trespass — all domestic abuse offenses.
If convicted, Balboa faces up to almost 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, police responded late on Monday night to call about a man beating up a woman.
The victim told police in the complaint that she had been watching television that night when Balboa began pounding on her door and calling her names. She said she could tell by his voice that he was drunk.
Balboa appeared to leave after an interval, but allegedly attacked the victim on her way back from the building's laundry room later that night, reportedly chasing her out into a parking lot and pulling her from her vehicle before punching and kicking her in the head.
Another tenant at the apartment complex heard the commotion and chased off Balboa, the complaint states.
Police were not able to make contact with Balboa that night, but observed in the complaint that one of the victim's eyes had swollen shut and that she had multiple blood stains on her T-shirt.
The victim was taken to Waukesha Memorial Hospital for treatment of her injuries. While there, she reportedly told police that she was extremely nervous about her safety and that she believed Balboa would kill her.
According to court records, Balboa is being held on a $10,000 cash bond. If released, he is prohibited from having any contact with the victim and must maintain absolute sobriety.
Balboa's court hearing was scheduled for Tuesday, July 1.
- Waukesha Meijer supercenter to open Aug. 2
- News in Brief: June 30, 2016 issue
- School briefs: CMH recognition
- Funeral services: June 30, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha veteran, upset by fireworks, fired rifle into air (3)
- What's next for water: Officials discuss aspects of Waukesha's plan
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Fairest of Fair, free movies and more
- Summer food service program begins at Waukesha schools
- Woman fined for bringing marijuana to Waukesha court proceeding (5)
- Waukesha Plan Commission doesn't bite at proposed doggy day care, cites noise concerns