A 48-year-old Waukesha man was accused on Monday, June 23, of repeatedly kicking and punching a woman while intoxicated.
Feliciano Balboa, 710 Morgan Ave., was charged on Wednesday, June 25, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with aggravated battery, false imprisonment, disorderly conduct and criminal trespass — all domestic abuse offenses.
If convicted, Balboa faces up to almost 13 years in prison and $31,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, police responded late on Monday night to call about a man beating up a woman.
The victim told police in the complaint that she had been watching television that night when Balboa began pounding on her door and calling her names. She said she could tell by his voice that he was drunk.
Balboa appeared to leave after an interval, but allegedly attacked the victim on her way back from the building's laundry room later that night, reportedly chasing her out into a parking lot and pulling her from her vehicle before punching and kicking her in the head.
Another tenant at the apartment complex heard the commotion and chased off Balboa, the complaint states.
Police were not able to make contact with Balboa that night, but observed in the complaint that one of the victim's eyes had swollen shut and that she had multiple blood stains on her T-shirt.
The victim was taken to Waukesha Memorial Hospital for treatment of her injuries. While there, she reportedly told police that she was extremely nervous about her safety and that she believed Balboa would kill her.
According to court records, Balboa is being held on a $10,000 cash bond. If released, he is prohibited from having any contact with the victim and must maintain absolute sobriety.
Balboa's court hearing was scheduled for Tuesday, July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Spoon will serve soups, pies at Hartwell Avenue location in Waukesha
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub closed in downtown Waukesha
- Gunshots hit vehicles in parking lot on North University Drive in Waukesha
- Rollout of new garbage, recycling carts underway in city of Waukesha
- Waukesha woman sues the city's housing authority over lost rent assistance
- Fox Head Residences developer asks to postpone action on Waukesha apartments
- Nearby Citgo gas station closes early in response to last week's fatal shooting in Waukesha
- Arrests don't put an end of homicide's impact in Waukesha and for Brookfield family
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Health care reform, peace nominees and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Jan. 22, 2015, issue