A 28-year old Waukesha man has been accused of possessing pornographic videos of children.
Daniel Heiden, 134 W. North St., was charged Wednesday, June 25, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with five felony counts of possession of child pornography. If convicted, he faces up to 125 years in prison and $500,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, a Waukesha detective traced an IP address associated with a file-sharing network known to traffic in child pornography to Heiden's residence in February.
The detective then obtained a search warrant for the premises and executed that warrant on June 24.
According to the complaint, police found five videos — one of them more than 20 minutes long — containing the pornographic material on the hard drive of Heiden's personal computer.
Heiden initially tried to deny the videos belonged to him, but later admitted to downloading them, the complaint said.
He reportedly said he didn't like the videos even though had watched each of them a few times, and he did not know why he didn't delete them.
Police said in the complaint that Heiden estimated one of the girls in the videos was around 8 years old.
According to court records, Heiden's cash bond was set at $10,000, and, if released, he is prohibited from using the Internet or having contact of any kind with any woman under age 18.
Heiden's preliminary hearing is scheduled for July 18.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man receives prison sentence for battering pregnant girlfriend
- Wapp Jr. guilty of selling drugs from southwest side Waukesha home last year
- Waukesha man who pointed rifle at police is charged with six felonies
- Waukesha Community Briefs: pet events, Chinese New Year and more
- Mad Rooster Cafe considers former Hardees site in downtown Waukesha
- Video: Catholic Memorial High School's Innovation Wing opens to rave reviews
- Review: Waukesha Civic Theatre's 'Almost, Maine' gets it more than almost right
- Waukesha gas station murder suspect Darrin Malone heads to trial
- Pizza maker and caterer prep new spaces in downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue