A 28-year old Waukesha man has been accused of possessing pornographic videos of children.
Daniel Heiden, 134 W. North St., was charged Wednesday, June 25, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with five felony counts of possession of child pornography. If convicted, he faces up to 125 years in prison and $500,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, a Waukesha detective traced an IP address associated with a file-sharing network known to traffic in child pornography to Heiden's residence in February.
The detective then obtained a search warrant for the premises and executed that warrant on June 24.
According to the complaint, police found five videos — one of them more than 20 minutes long — containing the pornographic material on the hard drive of Heiden's personal computer.
Heiden initially tried to deny the videos belonged to him, but later admitted to downloading them, the complaint said.
He reportedly said he didn't like the videos even though had watched each of them a few times, and he did not know why he didn't delete them.
Police said in the complaint that Heiden estimated one of the girls in the videos was around 8 years old.
According to court records, Heiden's cash bond was set at $10,000, and, if released, he is prohibited from using the Internet or having contact of any kind with any woman under age 18.
Heiden's preliminary hearing is scheduled for July 18.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha recommending sober server ordinance
- Kwik Trip being proposed for city of Waukesha's northwest side
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- The Steaming Cup owners looking to sell downtown coffee shop
- Waukesha man charged for allegedly soliciting illegal sexual encounter
- Oconomowoc man allegedly caught in Waukesha store bathroom with heroin
- Waukesha bicycle shop Cyclesmith closes its doors
- Waukesha Community Briefs: 'Dead Man's Cell Phone,' 'Messiah' performance and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Facial tattoo helps Waukesha police bust armed robbery suspect