A 27-year-old Waukesha man stands accused of downloading videos and pictures and sharing at least one video of child pornography from a computer in his girlfriend's apartment.
Domonique Singleton, 310 W. Broadway, was charged Thursday, July 3, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with sexual exploitation of a child and four felony counts of child pornography possession.
If convicted, he could face up to 140 years in prison and $500,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha detectives traced the IP address of a computer using a file-sharing network to download the pornographic material to Singleton's girlfriend's apartment.
The detectives then executed a search warrant Tuesday, July 1.
Officers seized Singleton's laptop and discovered at least one video and several thumbnail images of child pornography on the computer, the complaint said.
A detective noted in the complaint that Singleton had software on his computer that is designed to permanently erase deleted files from the laptop's hard drive, limiting the capability of recovering those files during a forensic investigation.
According to court records, Singleton was released after posting his $7,500 cash bond on conditions that he have no contact with children and no Internet access outside of work.
His next court hearing is scheduled for Monday, July 14.
- Officials approve Carroll University's plan to buy, use historic Waukesha home
- Long-term construction project on Moreland Boulevard in Waukesha begins
- Police searching for man mistakenly released from Waukesha County Jail
- Waukesha panel delays decision on proposed development at Gasthaus site (1)
- Waukesha News Briefs: May 5, 2016 issue
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Choral concert, art crawl and more
- Waukesha police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- WWII veteran Alvin Kind receives honorary high school diploma from Waukesha South
- Review: Waukesha Civic Theater's 'Annie Get Your Gun' hits the mark
- Just kids from Waukesha County: Joe Schobert, Derek Watt make history in 2016 NFL Draft (2)