A 27-year-old Waukesha man stands accused of downloading videos and pictures and sharing at least one video of child pornography from a computer in his girlfriend's apartment.
Domonique Singleton, 310 W. Broadway, was charged Thursday, July 3, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with sexual exploitation of a child and four felony counts of child pornography possession.
If convicted, he could face up to 140 years in prison and $500,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha detectives traced the IP address of a computer using a file-sharing network to download the pornographic material to Singleton's girlfriend's apartment.
The detectives then executed a search warrant Tuesday, July 1.
Officers seized Singleton's laptop and discovered at least one video and several thumbnail images of child pornography on the computer, the complaint said.
A detective noted in the complaint that Singleton had software on his computer that is designed to permanently erase deleted files from the laptop's hard drive, limiting the capability of recovering those files during a forensic investigation.
According to court records, Singleton was released after posting his $7,500 cash bond on conditions that he have no contact with children and no Internet access outside of work.
His next court hearing is scheduled for Monday, July 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance
- Lifeway Foods moving along with renovations at former Golden Guernsey plant in Waukesha