A 27-year-old Waukesha man stands accused of downloading videos and pictures and sharing at least one video of child pornography from a computer in his girlfriend's apartment.
Domonique Singleton, 310 W. Broadway, was charged Thursday, July 3, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with sexual exploitation of a child and four felony counts of child pornography possession.
If convicted, he could face up to 140 years in prison and $500,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha detectives traced the IP address of a computer using a file-sharing network to download the pornographic material to Singleton's girlfriend's apartment.
The detectives then executed a search warrant Tuesday, July 1.
Officers seized Singleton's laptop and discovered at least one video and several thumbnail images of child pornography on the computer, the complaint said.
A detective noted in the complaint that Singleton had software on his computer that is designed to permanently erase deleted files from the laptop's hard drive, limiting the capability of recovering those files during a forensic investigation.
According to court records, Singleton was released after posting his $7,500 cash bond on conditions that he have no contact with children and no Internet access outside of work.
His next court hearing is scheduled for Monday, July 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says (1)
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS collection drive, Dialogue Initiative and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Catholic schools make a welcoming Choice in revised voucher program
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (2)
- Waukesha again seeks public's assistance in funding downtown holiday lights