A 27-year-old Waukesha man stands accused of downloading videos and pictures and sharing at least one video of child pornography from a computer in his girlfriend's apartment.
Domonique Singleton, 310 W. Broadway, was charged Thursday, July 3, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with sexual exploitation of a child and four felony counts of child pornography possession.
If convicted, he could face up to 140 years in prison and $500,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha detectives traced the IP address of a computer using a file-sharing network to download the pornographic material to Singleton's girlfriend's apartment.
The detectives then executed a search warrant Tuesday, July 1.
Officers seized Singleton's laptop and discovered at least one video and several thumbnail images of child pornography on the computer, the complaint said.
A detective noted in the complaint that Singleton had software on his computer that is designed to permanently erase deleted files from the laptop's hard drive, limiting the capability of recovering those files during a forensic investigation.
According to court records, Singleton was released after posting his $7,500 cash bond on conditions that he have no contact with children and no Internet access outside of work.
His next court hearing is scheduled for Monday, July 14.
- Waukesha police report: July 7, 2016 issue
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Veterans aid, ice cream social and more
- Now You Know: Were there ever any department stores downtown?
- Main Street says bye-bye to barricades in downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha woman convicted of stealing from Oconomowoc company to fund drug habit
- Waukesha Meijer supercenter to open Aug. 2
- News in Brief: June 30, 2016 issue
- School briefs: CMH recognition
- Funeral services: June 30, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha veteran, upset by fireworks, fired rifle into air (3)