A 22-year-old Waukesha man allegedly groped a 14-year-old girl on a bike while he was drinking beer and walking through Bethesda Park.
Khyntarian Williams, 445 Madison St., was charged Tuesday, July 8, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with second-degree sexual assault of a minor, resisting arrest and misdemeanor bail jumping, all repeat offenses.
If convicted, Williams could face up to 411/2years in prison and $30,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police responded to a gas station on West St. Paul Avenue on Sunday, July 6, for a call about two intoxicated people who were harassing customers.
The officers spoke with two teenage girls who told them that one of the people, Williams, had inappropriately grabbed one of the girls, the complaint said.
The victim said that Williams had repeatedly touched her hips, thighs and butt without her permission, and that he made several lewd comments to her and asked her about her experience with oral sex as he followed her through the park, according to the complaint.
"I know you're a virgin but I can change that," Williams said, according to the complaint.
The complaint added that the victim said that at one point Williams tried to kiss her but she told him no and pushed him away. She also said that she told Williams numerous times to leave her alone, but he would not listen.
Williams refused to comply with the officers when they tried to arrest him for sexual assault and had to be physically restrained, the complaint noted.
Williams' friend told police that he and Williams had gone into Waukesha to buy beer and drank it as they were walking with the two teenage girls, the complaint said.
According to court records, Williams is being held on a $15,000 cash bond. If released, he is prohibited from having any unsupervised contact with any female younger than 18.
Williams' preliminary hearing is scheduled for Friday, July 18.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County Fair's attendance "one of the best" in its history
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at Waukesha schools