A 22-year-old Waukesha man allegedly groped a 14-year-old girl on a bike while he was drinking beer and walking through Bethesda Park.
Khyntarian Williams, 445 Madison St., was charged Tuesday, July 8, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with second-degree sexual assault of a minor, resisting arrest and misdemeanor bail jumping, all repeat offenses.
If convicted, Williams could face up to 411/2years in prison and $30,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police responded to a gas station on West St. Paul Avenue on Sunday, July 6, for a call about two intoxicated people who were harassing customers.
The officers spoke with two teenage girls who told them that one of the people, Williams, had inappropriately grabbed one of the girls, the complaint said.
The victim said that Williams had repeatedly touched her hips, thighs and butt without her permission, and that he made several lewd comments to her and asked her about her experience with oral sex as he followed her through the park, according to the complaint.
"I know you're a virgin but I can change that," Williams said, according to the complaint.
The complaint added that the victim said that at one point Williams tried to kiss her but she told him no and pushed him away. She also said that she told Williams numerous times to leave her alone, but he would not listen.
Williams refused to comply with the officers when they tried to arrest him for sexual assault and had to be physically restrained, the complaint noted.
Williams' friend told police that he and Williams had gone into Waukesha to buy beer and drank it as they were walking with the two teenage girls, the complaint said.
According to court records, Williams is being held on a $15,000 cash bond. If released, he is prohibited from having any unsupervised contact with any female younger than 18.
Williams' preliminary hearing is scheduled for Friday, July 18.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 15, 2015 issue
- Mama D's Coffee opening in former Spoon site near downtown Waukesha
- Erik Helgestad appointed to the Waukesha Common Council
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Robotics class, concealed carry, job fair and more
- Waukesha Reads program continues: Oct. 8-14 events
- Vietnamese restaurant Pho King opens, pizza eatery Bobanna's closes in Waukesha (1)
- Food drive grows bigger in Waukesha's District 12
- Xperience Fitness and Dollar Tree open in old Waukesha Kmart
- West Allis man charged with video taping women's restroom at UW-Waukesha
- Housing development hopes to stay at home in town of Waukesha (1)