A 26-year-old Waukesha man was accused on June 11 for illegally concealing brass knuckles and heroin possession in the city of Waukesha.
William Gonzales, 1605 Chapman Drive, was charged this week in Waukesha County Circuit Court with possession of narcotic drugs, drug paraphernalia, a controlled substance and carrying a dangerous weapon.
Gonzales has one prior drugs-related conviction. He faces up to four years and five months in prison and $21,000 in fines if convicted again.
According to the criminal complaint, Gonzales was pulled over for a malfunctioning headlight. The officer suspected Gonzales was under the influence of an intoxicant and asked him to perform some field sobriety tests.
Gonzales allegedly failed the tests and was arrested for operating while intoxicated. However, in Wisconsin, a first-offense OWI is not a felony.
Police then searched Gonzales' car and recovered a tube used for inhaling controlled substances and some brass knuckles in a backpack, the complaint states.
Officers also confiscated several small plastic bags of heroin and five alprazolam tablets while Gonzales was being booked.
According to court records, Gonzales is being held on $1,000 cash bond. If released, he is prohibited from possessing narcotic drugs or weapons of any kind.
His preliminary hearing was scheduled for Wednesday, June 18.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man who pointed rifle at police is charged with six felonies
- Waukesha Community Briefs: pet events, Chinese New Year and more
- Mad Rooster Cafe considers former Hardees site in downtown Waukesha
- Video: Catholic Memorial High School's Innovation Wing opens to rave reviews
- Review: WCT's 'Almost, Maine' gets it more than almost right
- Waukesha gas station murder suspect Darrin Malone heads to trial
- Pizza maker and caterer prep new spaces in downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- No arrests or citations issued in fatal crash in Waukesha (1)
- Woman hit, killed by car at 164 and Sunset