Waukesha man accused of narcotic drug possession, including heroin
Man, 21, fled from officers, hid a backpack full of drugs, complaint says
A 21-year-old Waukesha man was charged May 29 in Waukesha County Cicuit Court with felony possession of narcotic drugs and misdemeanor possession of controlled substances and drug paraphernalia, as well as fleeing from police.
Dylan Dzwonkowski, 2030 Cliff-Alex Court S., was found in possession of heroin, alprazolam, hydrocodone and drug paraphernalia, according to the criminal complaint.
He faces up to 4.5 years in prison and $21,500 in fines if convicted. He could also lose his driving privileges for a minimum of 18 months.
According to the complaint, officers responded to a report of shots being fired early in the morning on May 28. A witness claimed he saw a man in a dark hooded sweatshirt, later identified as Dzwonkowski, stuff something into a backpack and flee, but no shell casings or bullet holes were discovered.
Officers eventually arrested Dzwonkowski, though there was no sign of a backpack.
The backpack was later recovered by police. Officers found various drugs, including heroin, inside the backpack alongside a scale, a tourniquet and other various drug paraphernalia, the complaint said.
Dzwonkowski admitted that all the items in the backpack belonged to him and that he was spending about $100 a day to support his heroin addiction, the complaint said.
He remains in custody at the county jail on a $1,000 cash bond. If his bail is posted, Dzwonkowski must maintain absolute sobriety and is barred from taking any medication without a prescription or possessing drug paraphernalia of any kind.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, June 12.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County detective Peter Korns charged in domestic-related incident
- 'Suspicious' Halloween decoration turns out to be mannequin in a tree
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly manufacturing, selling cocaine
- Waukesha man accused of molesting, groping his granddaughter for years
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Apple harvest, lawn care and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Waukesha wants judge to reverse ruling on former fire chief's job
- Waukesha asks public for help to fund new downtown holiday lights
- Second stabbing suspect to be mentally evaluated in Waukesha Slender Man case
- The Clarke Hotel in downtown Waukesha again looks to fill vacancy with general manager stepping down