Waukesha man charged for throwing bench at girlfriend
He's accused of substantial battery and domestic abuse
A 25-year-old Waukesha man was accused on Tuesday, June 2, of shoving his girlfriend down a hill and throwing a bench at her.
Justin Plymesser, 2030 Cliff Alex Ct. S, was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with substantial battery and domestic abuse. If convicted, Plymesser faces up to nearly five years in prison and $21,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Plymesser and the victim got into an argument about Plymesser's lack of employment after he came home drunk on May 29.
The confrontation turned violent when Plymesser picked up a bench and threw it at his girlfriend's back. He repeatedly shoved the victim down a hill when she tried to stand up, the complaint states, then flung her keys and cellphone into a wooded area behind his apartment.
The victim's clothes were reportedly covered in blood when she spoke to police during a ride to the hospital. She needed multiple stitches for her injuries.
Plymesser is being held on a $3,000 cash bond, according to court records. If released, he must maintain absolute sobriety and is prohibited from having any kind of contact with the victim.
Plymesser's preliminary hearing was scheduled for Wednesday, June 4.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Woman, 23, identified in fatal crash in Waukesha (1)
- Woman hit, killed by car at 164 and Sunset
- Carroll University receives $1 million donation for research laboratory off campus
- Water talks flow back into Waukesha
- Waukesha funeral services: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Waukesha's robotics team would receive funding boost from Rep. Adam Neylon's proposed bill
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Winter Nights, brain documentary and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Lares Fashion & Western Wear building in downtown Waukesha up for sale