Waukesha man charged for throwing bench at girlfriend
He's accused of substantial battery and domestic abuse
A 25-year-old Waukesha man was accused on Tuesday, June 2, of shoving his girlfriend down a hill and throwing a bench at her.
Justin Plymesser, 2030 Cliff Alex Ct. S, was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with substantial battery and domestic abuse. If convicted, Plymesser faces up to nearly five years in prison and $21,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Plymesser and the victim got into an argument about Plymesser's lack of employment after he came home drunk on May 29.
The confrontation turned violent when Plymesser picked up a bench and threw it at his girlfriend's back. He repeatedly shoved the victim down a hill when she tried to stand up, the complaint states, then flung her keys and cellphone into a wooded area behind his apartment.
The victim's clothes were reportedly covered in blood when she spoke to police during a ride to the hospital. She needed multiple stitches for her injuries.
Plymesser is being held on a $3,000 cash bond, according to court records. If released, he must maintain absolute sobriety and is prohibited from having any kind of contact with the victim.
Plymesser's preliminary hearing was scheduled for Wednesday, June 4.
- 2016 Waukesha County Fair coverage
- Our Fair Ladies Blog: Video: Crafting and animal races at the Waukesha County Fair
- Outstanding fees could prevent students from graduation ceremonies
- Studio time gives students opportunity to create
- Stay cool at Hebron House and Jeremy Safe Haven
- Waukesha Salvation Army offering cool place to stay in light of impending heat wave
- Crest owner brings Irish flavor to new venture in downtown Waukesha
- Funeral Services: July 21, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha woman, drunk, grabbed gun following phone dispute
- Waukesha police report: July 21, 2016 issue