Waukesha man charged in alleged brawl with teenagers
Complaint: Man, 46, allegedly spit on a police officer
A 46-year-old Waukesha man was charged last week with allegedly starting a fight with several teenagers and spitting on a police officer.
Steven L. Leslie was charged on Sept. 11 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with felony bail jumping, discharging bodily fluid at a public safety worker, misdemeanor bail jumping, resisting an officer and disorderly conduct.
Leslie has several charges pendng against him in both Waukesha County and Marquette County, for offenses ranging from disorderly conduct to distributing marijuana.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha City Police broke up a fight between several teenagers and Leslie that took place in downtown Waukesha at 9 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 10.
The teenagers told police they were walking home from a friend's house when the man began shouting insults and vulgarities at them.
Leslie was "highly agitated" while speaking to police and allegedly began insulting a female officer, saying he did not respect women, the complaint states. Leslie was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct. While in a holding cell, Leslie allegedly spit on an officer who was trying to explain his charges to him, the complaint states.
The man had also urinated and spit all over his holding cell, police said in the complaint. Leslie is currently being held on a $2,500 cash bond. His public defender has requested that Leslie be examined to ensure he has the mental competency to stand trial.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board approves resolution for staff to seek redevelopment proposals on former HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee