A 25-year-old Waukesha man was accused last week of committing a spree of burglaries in April, including a break-in at Horning Middle School.
Colin Lamarche, 1415 E. Main St., was charged May 5 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with five counts of burglary. He faces 621/2 years in prison and $125,000 in fines if convicted.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police were dispatched at about midnight April 1 to Horning Middle School, 2000 Wolf Road, to investigate a burglary. The suspect had damaged a door and shattered a window breaking into the school, but nothing was reported stolen.
A week later, the same suspect allegedly forced entry into Skateland, 1931 E. Main St. The owner reported that $300 in cash and more than $1,000 in quarters were stolen from the business. A footprint at the scene was matched to a pair of shoes found in Lamarche's possession when he was placed under arrest, the complaint states.
Two other burglaries were committed on April 28: at Waukesha Recycling Company, 1001 Tesch Court, and Sunset Bowl, 333 W. Sunset Drive. An ATM machine at Sunset Bowl was broken into and $10,000 in cash was stolen. The suspect had attempted to break into an ATM at Waukesha Recycling Company, but was unsuccessful.
Lamarche was arrested after attempting to burglarize Waukesha Recycling Company again on May 2, the complaint states.
Police searched his father's home and found $9,357.
Lamarche told police in the complaint that he spent about $500 a day on crack cocaine and heroin. He admitted to committing four of the burglaries in question, but denied breaking into the middle school.
According to court records, Lamarche is being held at Waukesha County Jail on a $5,000 cash bail.
A hearing was scheduled for Wednesday, May 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board gives staff go-ahead to seek redevelopment proposals on old HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee