Waukesha man charged with attempted homicide
Man, 24, charged in Kensington Drive shooting
A 24-year-old Waukesha man was charged last week with attempted first-degree intentional homicide in connection with a shooting at an apartment complex on Wednesday, Feb. 5.
The Wisconsin State Patrol arrested Alonso Corral, 1470 Cleveland Ave., on Thursday, Feb. 6, shortly after an arrest warrant was issued. He is being held in Waukesha County Jail on a $500,000 cash bail.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha Police were dispatched at about 4 p.m. Feb. 5, to an apartment complex at 2101 Kensington Drive after receiving reports of a shooting.
Officers on the scene recovered one spent shell casing but were unable to find a witness.
Damien Jimenez had already sped off to the Police Department, where he told officers that Corral had fired two rounds at his vehicle outside the apartment, the complaint states.
Jimenez told police that his friend, John Brautigam, was the intended target, and his two children, ages 5 and 8, were in the vehicle at the time, the complaint said.
According to the complaint, Brautigam had asked Jimenez for a ride to a friend's house; they were waiting outside when Brautigan saw Corral approaching. Brautigam said Corral pulled a pistol out of his pocket and fired two shots before they were able to drive away, the complaint states.
The criminal complaint does not provide a motive for the shooting, but Jimenez told police that Brautigam had warned him about a potential confrontation.
If convicted, Corral could face up to 60 years in prison. He is expected to appear in court Thursday, Feb. 13.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zombie walk, trick-or-treating this weekend in downtown Waukesha
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance