Waukesha man charged with attempted homicide
Man, 24, charged in Kensington Drive shooting
A 24-year-old Waukesha man was charged last week with attempted first-degree intentional homicide in connection with a shooting at an apartment complex on Wednesday, Feb. 5.
The Wisconsin State Patrol arrested Alonso Corral, 1470 Cleveland Ave., on Thursday, Feb. 6, shortly after an arrest warrant was issued. He is being held in Waukesha County Jail on a $500,000 cash bail.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha Police were dispatched at about 4 p.m. Feb. 5, to an apartment complex at 2101 Kensington Drive after receiving reports of a shooting.
Officers on the scene recovered one spent shell casing but were unable to find a witness.
Damien Jimenez had already sped off to the Police Department, where he told officers that Corral had fired two rounds at his vehicle outside the apartment, the complaint states.
Jimenez told police that his friend, John Brautigam, was the intended target, and his two children, ages 5 and 8, were in the vehicle at the time, the complaint said.
According to the complaint, Brautigam had asked Jimenez for a ride to a friend's house; they were waiting outside when Brautigan saw Corral approaching. Brautigam said Corral pulled a pistol out of his pocket and fired two shots before they were able to drive away, the complaint states.
The criminal complaint does not provide a motive for the shooting, but Jimenez told police that Brautigam had warned him about a potential confrontation.
If convicted, Corral could face up to 60 years in prison. He is expected to appear in court Thursday, Feb. 13.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journal Sentinel editorial: Maybe city and town of Brookfields should become one, rather than the town becoming a village
- Bedroom fire causes significant damage to Waukesha home
- The Spoon restaurant near downtown Waukesha closed 'until further notice'
- Fire damages home at Wexford Court in Waukesha
- Waukesha man sentenced to prison for his role in 2014 shooting on Kensington Drive
- Taco John's donates 10 percent of sales to family of Saeed Sharwani
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Grocery tips, eco-friendly workshops and more
- Mom bails out son, drives him to ex-girlfriend's house for confrontation (1)
- Waukesha Police Report: Jan. 29, 2015 issue
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha