Waukesha man charged with felony battery of an officer
Man, 52, found wandering Walmart drunk, covered in vomit
A 52-year-old Waukesha man has been accused of felony battery after being found wandering the aisles of Walmart last week covered in vomit.
Daniel Radmer, W272 S4117 Overlook Lane, was charged on Monday, Dec. 23 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with battery of a law enforcement officer and obstruction, for which he could face up to six years in prison and $20,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, officers from the Waukesha City Police Department were dispatched at about 7 p.m. on Dec. 22 to the Walmart store at 2000 S. West Ave. after receiving reports of drunken driving.
A witness told police in the complaint that a man in a white Dodge pickup was driving erratically on West Avenue and had pulled into the parking lot at Walmart. The officers located the vehicle and noted the driver's side door was covered in vomit.
Inside the Walmart, officers located a man later identified as Radmer leaning heavily on a shopping cart and stumbling as he walked, the complaint states. His jacket was also covered in vomit.
According to the complaint, the man exited the store peacefully with officers and submitted to a preliminary breath test. He was found to have a blood-alcohol content nearly twice the legal driving limit and officers told him he was under arrest.
He became combative and two officers struggled to place Radmer in handcuffs, the complaint states. Radmer allegedly kicked one of the officers in the knee during the scuffle and the officer was later treated for several bruises and scrapes, according to the complaint.
Radmer was released on a $1,000 cash bail on Dec. 23. He was ordered to not possess or consume any alcohol and to not operate a vehicle without a license as a condition of his release.
He is expected to appear at a preliminary hearing on Jan. 17.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Robotics class, concealed carry, job fair and more
- Waukesha Reads program continues: Oct. 8-14 events
- Vietnamese restaurant Pho King opens, pizza eatery Bobanna's closes in Waukesha (1)
- Food drive grows bigger in Waukesha's District 12
- Xperience Fitness and Dollar Tree open in old Waukesha Kmart
- West Allis man charged with video taping women's restroom at UW-Waukesha
- Housing development hopes to stay at home in town of Waukesha
- Waukesha officials try to plug holes tied to GE move
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Cafe De Arts plans to relocate within Waukesha in coming months