Waukesha man charged with huffing chemicals, kicking officer
Man, 25, could face up to 7 1/2 years in prison
A 25-year-old Waukesha man was charged last week with allegedly kicking a police officer in the groin after being woken up from a drug-induced sleep.
Brooke Ingersoll, 2322 Northview Road, was charged on Wednesday, Nov. 6 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with battery to a law enforcement officer, possession with intent to abuse a hazardous substance and resisting an officer.
Ingersoll could face up to 7 1/2 years in prison and $30,000 in fines if convicted.
According to the criminal complaint, a patrol officer with the Waukesha City Police found Ingersoll passed out in his car at 315 E. North St. at about 2 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 4.
The officer tried to awaken the man, who was laying beside several aerosol spray cans, according to the complaint. Ingersoll allegedly popped up awake after a few moments, sprayed himself in the face with an aerosol can, and then lapped back into unconsciousness, the complaint states.
The officer took the spray can and the man woke up and exited the vehicle. According to the complaint, he then began walking toward the officer in a threatening manner, the complaint states.
The officer tried to disable Ingersoll with a stun gun, but was unsuccessful. Ingersoll then allegedly kicked the officer in the groin, causing "immense and intense pain," the complaint states.
Other officers then arrived on the scene and managed to subdue the man.
Ingersoll was released on Nov. 6 on a $1,000 cash bond and ordered to not possess or use any aerosol products.
He is expected to appear at a hearing on Nov. 26.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journal Sentinel editorial: Maybe city and town of Brookfields should become one, rather than the town becoming a village
- Bedroom fire causes significant damage to Waukesha home
- The Spoon restaurant near downtown Waukesha closed 'until further notice'
- Fire damages home at Wexford Court in Waukesha
- Waukesha man sentenced to prison for his role in 2014 shooting on Kensington Drive
- Taco John's donates 10 percent of sales to family of Saeed Sharwani
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Grocery tips, eco-friendly workshops and more
- Mom bails out son, drives him to ex-girlfriend's house for confrontation (1)
- Waukesha Police Report: Jan. 29, 2015 issue
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha