Two weeks after having 90 percent of his body burned in a house fire, Michael Coyle died at the St. Mary's Burn Center.
The Medical Examiner's Office will conduct an examination to determine the cause of death, said Fire Marshal Brian Charlesworth.
Coyle, the Waukesha man who was charged last October with secretly recording two females undressing in the staff bathroom at the Swimtastic Swim School, sustained second- and third-degree burns after a fire broke out Feb. 14 in an attached two-car garage in a single-family residence at 1007 Motor Ave.
A search warrant executed the next day called the fire "suspicious," as the investigation turned up blood splatters, fire-damaged clothing in the living room and a burned area in the bathroom area, a "considerable distance" from where the fire originated in the garage. Charlesworth said the fire investigation is still ongoing.
Coyle had a plea and sentencing hearing scheduled for March 19 on two felony counts of capturing an image of nudity without consent, one count of possessing marijuana and one count of possessing drug paraphernalia.
The criminal complaint last fall said Coyle's wife found hidden cameras in their home. According to the complaint, Coyle admitted he had secretly recorded the women's locker room at Swimtastic, where he had worked as a part-time children's swim instructor,.
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Plants sale, 'Gypsy' auditions and more
- Waukesha police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Farmer's Daughter Collection in Waukesha makes cultural connection
- Allô! Chocolat owners seek sweet deal for downtown Waukesha business
- Waukesha School District lauds change in food service provider
- Retzer Nature Center locked down May 25 due to attempted suicide
- Reconstruction of Tenny Avenue in Waukesha prompts short-term closure of nearby intersection
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more