Two weeks after having 90 percent of his body burned in a house fire, Michael Coyle died at the St. Mary's Burn Center.
The Medical Examiner's Office will conduct an examination to determine the cause of death, said Fire Marshal Brian Charlesworth.
Coyle, the Waukesha man who was charged last October with secretly recording two females undressing in the staff bathroom at the Swimtastic Swim School, sustained second- and third-degree burns after a fire broke out Feb. 14 in an attached two-car garage in a single-family residence at 1007 Motor Ave.
A search warrant executed the next day called the fire "suspicious," as the investigation turned up blood splatters, fire-damaged clothing in the living room and a burned area in the bathroom area, a "considerable distance" from where the fire originated in the garage. Charlesworth said the fire investigation is still ongoing.
Coyle had a plea and sentencing hearing scheduled for March 19 on two felony counts of capturing an image of nudity without consent, one count of possessing marijuana and one count of possessing drug paraphernalia.
The criminal complaint last fall said Coyle's wife found hidden cameras in their home. According to the complaint, Coyle admitted he had secretly recorded the women's locker room at Swimtastic, where he had worked as a part-time children's swim instructor,.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Steinhafels distribution center expansion on horizon
- News briefs: New degree path at UW-Waukesha
- Coolidge Avenue apartment owners sue the City of Waukesha
- Funeral Services: Nov. 27, 2014
- Waukesha Business Briefs: Health center lauded, Shorewest honored, more
- Waukesha's Kmart redevelopment could give East Sunset Drive a commercial boost
- Waukesha adjusts timeline for Great Lakes water, won't meet radium-compliance deadline
- Waukesha Police Report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Despite concerns, Waukesha Downtown Business Association will continue to lead farmers market
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS events, holiday events and more