Waukesha man faces sexual assault charges
Peale, 23, charged with enticement, child sex assault in Waukesha incident
A 23-year-old Waukesha man has been accused of having sex with a 15-year-old girl in the city of Waukesha.
Tevin J. Peale, 321 W. Newhall Ave., No. 3, was charged May 27 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with child enticement and sexually assaulting a child under age 16. Peale faces up to 80 years in prison and $200,000 in fines if convicted on both counts.
According to the criminal complaint, Peale asked the victim to sneak out of her aunt's house and meet up with him early in the morning May 24 near a park on Newhall Avenue.
While there, Peale and the victim had sexual intercourse in Peale's car.
The victim had been staying with her aunt because her parents didn't approve of her relationship with Peale, the complaint states.
Peale was arrested later that night at his residence after police found him hiding in the shower.
"It's not what it seems, it just happened," he told police in the complaint.
Peale allegedly confessed to the crime and said it would not happen again, the complaint states.
Peale is being held at Waukesha County Jail on a $20,000 cash bond.
Peale was ordered by court commissioner Laura Lau to have no unsupervised contact with any female under age 18. He was also ordered to avoid using devices with Internet access.
Peale's preliminary hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, June 11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha seeks grant for trail land acquisition
- Montessori School in Waukesha expanding its campus
- Ambulance fees increasing by 5 percent in the city of Waukesha
- Xperience Fitness, Dollar Tree already committed to old Kmart site
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects both found competent to proceed
- Site of former Kmart in Waukesha on Sunset Drive will be redeveloped
- New Salvation Army officers learning Waukesha
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects returning to court for competency hearings
- Waukesha Plan Commission shops for better plan for vacant Kmart
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue