Waukesha man faces sexual assault charges
Peale, 23, charged with enticement, child sex assault in Waukesha incident
A 23-year-old Waukesha man has been accused of having sex with a 15-year-old girl in the city of Waukesha.
Tevin J. Peale, 321 W. Newhall Ave., No. 3, was charged May 27 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with child enticement and sexually assaulting a child under age 16. Peale faces up to 80 years in prison and $200,000 in fines if convicted on both counts.
According to the criminal complaint, Peale asked the victim to sneak out of her aunt's house and meet up with him early in the morning May 24 near a park on Newhall Avenue.
While there, Peale and the victim had sexual intercourse in Peale's car.
The victim had been staying with her aunt because her parents didn't approve of her relationship with Peale, the complaint states.
Peale was arrested later that night at his residence after police found him hiding in the shower.
"It's not what it seems, it just happened," he told police in the complaint.
Peale allegedly confessed to the crime and said it would not happen again, the complaint states.
Peale is being held at Waukesha County Jail on a $20,000 cash bond.
Peale was ordered by court commissioner Laura Lau to have no unsupervised contact with any female under age 18. He was also ordered to avoid using devices with Internet access.
Peale's preliminary hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, June 11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Town of Waukesha Fire Department hosting open house, pancake breakfast
- Former Waukesha pastor charged with sexual assault pleads not guilty
- Two suspects broke into Tobacco Outlet Plus this week in Waukesha
- District: 'inappropriate image wasn't taken with school iPad,' but police say device part of investigation
- Sex assault charges the latest filed against Hartland man
- Lowell Elementary School goes on lockdown after intruder assaults three people
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Montessori gala, art displays and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Reads program is under way
- Waukesha files lawsuit against condo developer