Waukesha mother accused of allowing boyfriend to beat 8-year-old son
Complaint: 30 separate bruises found on boy
A 28-year-old Waukesha woman was charged on Jan. 8 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with failure to prevent harm to a child, allegedly allowing her boyfriend to beat her 8-year-old son with a belt.
The woman's boyfriend, also 28, was charged with physical abuse of a child for his alleged role in the incident. Neither person will be identified to protect the child's identity.
According to the criminal complaint, the mother's aunt first reported the abuse to Waukesha Police on Nov. 5.
She said she found 30 separate bruises on the boy's buttocks, groin area, legs and arms, the complaint states.
Police interviewed the child, who said that his mother's boyfriend had beaten him with a belt because he was being disrespectful to teachers, according to the complaint. Police noted he had an 8- to 10-inch bruise on his right thigh and multiple bruises on his forearms.
The boyfriend admitted to hitting the child with a belt and the mother provided the belt used, according to the complaint.
The mother and boyfriend were each released on a $2,000 signature bond after an initial court appearance on Jan. 20. Both parties was ordered to have no contact with the child, except as authorized by the county's human services department.
The boyfriend is next expected to appear in court on Jan. 30; the mother is next expected in court on Feb. 17.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board gives staff go-ahead to seek redevelopment proposals on old HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee