County Executive Vrakas
to hold town hall meetings
County Executive Dan Vrakas will hold three Town Hall Meetings, including one in Waukesha, to provide residents with an opportunity to learn about the budget process and to provide input on the important decisions impacting initiatives in 2015.
The Waukesha meeting will be held at 5 p.m. Monday, July 28, at the Waukesha County Courthouse, 515 W. Moreland Blvd., Room 350, Waukesha.
Specialized transportation will be available for the Town Hall Meetings with a 72-hour notice and can be arranged by calling (262) 548-7828. For more information about the meetings, call the County Executive's Office at (262) 548-7902.
Municipal recycling site
accepting cooking oil
The city of Waukesha municipal recycling drop-off site is accepting cooking oil for recycling at no charge for all Waukesha County residents during normal business hours.
The municipal site, located at 750 Sentry Drive, will is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesdays (April through mid-December) and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays (year-round).
This recycling opportunity helps keep storm sewers and sanitary sewer system cleaner by giving residents a local option to dispose of cooking oil instead of pouring it down the drain. The company recycling the cooking oil, Cream City Fuels in Milwaukee, converts it into a biofuel that is simple to use, biodegradable, nontoxic, and essentially free of sulfur and aromatics.
For more details, visit www.waukeshacounty.gov/recycling or call the city at (262) 524-3593.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Woman, 23, identified in fatal crash in Waukesha (1)
- Woman hit, killed by car at 164 and Sunset
- Carroll University receives $1 million donation for research laboratory off campus
- Water talks flow back into Waukesha
- Waukesha funeral services: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Waukesha's robotics team would receive funding boost from Rep. Adam Neylon's proposed bill
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Winter Nights, brain documentary and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Lares Fashion & Western Wear building in downtown Waukesha up for sale