Police are searching for a 44-year-old Waukesha man who was accused on Sept. 4, 2013, of dealing heroin and oxycodone on at least three separate occasions.
Aundre Smith, 2700 W. Albany Court, was charged on Thursday, June 26, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with two felony counts of delivering heroin, two felony counts of possession with intent to sell illegal narcotics and one felony count of delivering a controlled substance, all repeat offenses.
Smith has one prior drug conviction in February 2006 for possession with intent to sell THC.
If convicted, he faces up to 70 years in prison and $200,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, a Milwaukee police detective collaborated with a confidential informant to buy heroin and oxycodone from Smith on Aug. 6, Aug. 26 and Sept. 4.
Smith reportedly conducted at least one of these drug deals in front of his wife and daughter, who appeared to be a minor, inside his residence.
Police pulled Smith over while he was on his way to the last drug sale and arrested him.
Officers conducted a search of Smith's car and recovered two cellphones, 12 oxycodone pills and more than $100 in cash. An additional 42 pills were found at the Albany Court address.
Smith told police in the complaint that he had sold heroin to one individual only a few times, but police observed multiple text messages to Smith during this interview from individuals looking for pills.
According to court records, an arrest warrant was issued for Smith on June 25, and his bail was set at $10,000.
No court date will be set for Smith until he is taken into custody.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Controlled DNR burn going on in Waukesha County's Vernon Marsh
- Wife of former Waukesha detective pleads guilty to several offenses
- Judge denies request to have Morgan Geyser transferred to treatment facility
- Expenses adding up as seized chinchillas remain at Waukesha animal shelter (2)
- Update: Waukesha police investigating large grass fire along Fox River Parkway
- Paul Farrow will kick off tree planting program at Moor Downs Golf Course on Arbor Day
- Alderman Andy Reiland selected as new Waukesha Common Council president
- Man convicted of sexually assaulting children years ago released in Waukesha
- Waukesha Mayor Shawn Reilly will give state of the city address
- Germantown Fire Department, Red Cross to provide free smoke detectors to residents following April 1