For the third consecutive year, Waukesha County Drug Free Communities is partnering with Waukesha West High School to create public service announcements and supporting marketing focused on preventing marijuana, alcohol and prescription drug use.
The PSAs debuted at West during the school's morning announcements on Monday, May 19. The campaign, titled "What's Your High," focuses on positive messaging and dispels myths on youth substance use.
The 30-second video PSAs will air at Marcus Majestic Cinema, Marcus Hillside Theater and Marcus Menomonee Falls Theater this summer. In addition to the video PSAs, students have created posters, a webpage (www.whatsyourhigh.com) and a Facebook page to support the video campaign.
Also beginning on Monday, the posters will be available for viewing at Waukesha West High School.
Youth are encouraged to "like" the Facebook page and upload photos or videos of their natural high, be it sports, music, performing or visual arts. The goal of the Facebook campaign is to showcase the various ways Waukesha County youth "get high" without the use of drugs and alcohol.
Videos from previous year's campaign are available at www.whatsyourhigh.com.
This program launch is part of Drug Free Communities National Prevention Week Activities. For more information on National Prevention Week, contact Julianne Davan by calling (262) 548-7902 or emailing email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Multiple railroad crossings in Waukesha to receive repairs
- Editorial: It's time for the water fights to end
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Harp performers, Tribute concert series and more
- Waukesha Police Report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Parade, fireworks highlight Fourth of July festivities in Waukesha
- Top 10 things to do in Waukesha this summer
- Jury trials scheduled for Waukesha gas station homicide suspects
- Committee moves proposed downtown Waukesha apartment forward
- Waukesha's water application draws key support
- St. Mary's holding annual three-day church festival this weekend in Waukesha