For the third consecutive year, Waukesha County Drug Free Communities is partnering with Waukesha West High School to create public service announcements and supporting marketing focused on preventing marijuana, alcohol and prescription drug use.
The PSAs debuted at West during the school's morning announcements on Monday, May 19. The campaign, titled "What's Your High," focuses on positive messaging and dispels myths on youth substance use.
The 30-second video PSAs will air at Marcus Majestic Cinema, Marcus Hillside Theater and Marcus Menomonee Falls Theater this summer. In addition to the video PSAs, students have created posters, a webpage (www.whatsyourhigh.com) and a Facebook page to support the video campaign.
Also beginning on Monday, the posters will be available for viewing at Waukesha West High School.
Youth are encouraged to "like" the Facebook page and upload photos or videos of their natural high, be it sports, music, performing or visual arts. The goal of the Facebook campaign is to showcase the various ways Waukesha County youth "get high" without the use of drugs and alcohol.
Videos from previous year's campaign are available at www.whatsyourhigh.com.
This program launch is part of Drug Free Communities National Prevention Week Activities. For more information on National Prevention Week, contact Julianne Davan by calling (262) 548-7902 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cuddles shop in downtown Waukesha closing its doors
- Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas holding virtual Town Hall meeting on Twitter
- Storms do damage once again in Waukesha
- Driving lesson in Waukesha's Prairie Home Cemetery results in police call
- Ideal weather helps boost Waukesha County Fair attendance
- Waukesha stabbing victim receives military Purple Heart
- Shoppes at Fox River gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- City of Waukesha will have new system for garbage, recycling pickup in 2015
- Two more Waukesha-area forums focus on District 97 state race
- Community briefs: July 31, 2014 issue