For the third consecutive year, Waukesha County Drug Free Communities is partnering with Waukesha West High School to create public service announcements and supporting marketing focused on preventing marijuana, alcohol and prescription drug use.
The PSAs debuted at West during the school's morning announcements on Monday, May 19. The campaign, titled "What's Your High," focuses on positive messaging and dispels myths on youth substance use.
The 30-second video PSAs will air at Marcus Majestic Cinema, Marcus Hillside Theater and Marcus Menomonee Falls Theater this summer. In addition to the video PSAs, students have created posters, a webpage (www.whatsyourhigh.com) and a Facebook page to support the video campaign.
Also beginning on Monday, the posters will be available for viewing at Waukesha West High School.
Youth are encouraged to "like" the Facebook page and upload photos or videos of their natural high, be it sports, music, performing or visual arts. The goal of the Facebook campaign is to showcase the various ways Waukesha County youth "get high" without the use of drugs and alcohol.
Videos from previous year's campaign are available at www.whatsyourhigh.com.
This program launch is part of Drug Free Communities National Prevention Week Activities. For more information on National Prevention Week, contact Julianne Davan by calling (262) 548-7902 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 15, 2015 issue
- Mama D's Coffee opening in former Spoon site near downtown Waukesha
- Erik Helgestad appointed to the Waukesha Common Council
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Robotics class, concealed carry, job fair and more
- Waukesha Reads program continues: Oct. 8-14 events
- Vietnamese restaurant Pho King opens, pizza eatery Bobanna's closes in Waukesha (1)
- Food drive grows bigger in Waukesha's District 12
- Xperience Fitness and Dollar Tree open in old Waukesha Kmart
- West Allis man charged with video taping women's restroom at UW-Waukesha
- Housing development hopes to stay at home in town of Waukesha (1)