Waukesha woman charged in homeless shelter fight
Woman, 23, allegedly punched a pregnant woman, complaint says
A 23-year-old Waukesha woman is facing charges for allegedly punching and kicking a pregnant woman at a women's homeless shelter in July.
Jasmine M. Boone was charged on Aug. 28 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with battery and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha City Police were dispatched at 3 p.m. on July 7 to the Siena House, 1519 Summit Ave., after receiving reports of a fight in progress.
Case manager Judy Schussler told police that Boone had returned to the shelter that day to pick up her belongings and became upset, believing some of her items were stolen, the complaint states.
Jessica Diaz, who was 30-weeks pregnant, told Boone she had helped move her items. Boone became upset and allegedly punched Diaz twice in the face and kneed her once in the stomach, according to the complaint.
Schussler told a client to call police and Boone left, the complaint states.
Boone could face up to a year in prison and $11,000 in fines if convicted.
She is expected to make an initial appearance in court on Sept. 30.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Female driver crashes vehicle into Waukesha Memorial Hospital
- Longtime Waukesha city attorney Curt Meitz won't run for re-election
- Waukesha man pleads guilty, gets life sentence for triple homicide
- Waukesha man charged in motorcyclist's death
- Police Report: Dec. 5
- Donations help Hope Center's clients stay warm
- Women's Center gets $4,000 Packers grant
- Art Crawl, Santa Run highlight holiday weekend in downtown Waukesha
- Hardees shuts down well before its lease expired
- Final suspect in shooting near Waukesha Woodman's turns himself in