What's up with the gas station at Barstow and North streets?
As of right now, it's closed, said property owner Craig Wolf of Slinger-based E.H. Wolf & Sons.
The former Mobil gas station closed Dec. 31, Wolf said. After 11 years of service, the store manager decided not to renew his lease, leaving the station at 401 E. North St. sitting vacant.
But for those hoping for a gas station to return to the area, there's good news.
"We do have plans to reopen it as a gas station," Wolf said.
A buyer has come forward to purchase the property, Wolf said. The station will undergo some renovations, including remodeling and updating, he said, and will then be up and running.
"I'd like to see it done tomorrow, but we're hoping within the next 30 to 60 days the gas station will be back up and open for business," Wolf said.
E.H. Wolf & Sons purchased Hopson Oil Co. Inc. in July. The company owns the station on North Street, a gas station on White Rock Avenue, as well as one in Menomonee Falls.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County Fair's attendance "one of the best" in its history
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at Waukesha schools