What's up with the gas station at Barstow and North streets?
As of right now, it's closed, said property owner Craig Wolf of Slinger-based E.H. Wolf & Sons.
The former Mobil gas station closed Dec. 31, Wolf said. After 11 years of service, the store manager decided not to renew his lease, leaving the station at 401 E. North St. sitting vacant.
But for those hoping for a gas station to return to the area, there's good news.
"We do have plans to reopen it as a gas station," Wolf said.
A buyer has come forward to purchase the property, Wolf said. The station will undergo some renovations, including remodeling and updating, he said, and will then be up and running.
"I'd like to see it done tomorrow, but we're hoping within the next 30 to 60 days the gas station will be back up and open for business," Wolf said.
E.H. Wolf & Sons purchased Hopson Oil Co. Inc. in July. The company owns the station on North Street, a gas station on White Rock Avenue, as well as one in Menomonee Falls.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In honor of Earth Day, volunteers will be out cleaning downtown Waukesha
- Drug deal gone wrong leads to armed robbery charges against three Waukesha men
- New high school grading system in Waukesha all about clarity
- Waukesha Police Report: April 23, 2015
- Waukesha County Museum's long-term plan goes into motion
- Brian Dorow joins Kapenga in District 33 state Senate race
- Waukesha County Museum redevelopment plan coming before city panel
- 'Suspicious' fire damages Waukesha home overnight
- Attorney requests Slender Man stabbing suspect Morgan Geyser be moved to treatment facility
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Pet adoption drive, mob boss speaker and more