What's up with the gas station at Barstow and North streets?
As of right now, it's closed, said property owner Craig Wolf of Slinger-based E.H. Wolf & Sons.
The former Mobil gas station closed Dec. 31, Wolf said. After 11 years of service, the store manager decided not to renew his lease, leaving the station at 401 E. North St. sitting vacant.
But for those hoping for a gas station to return to the area, there's good news.
"We do have plans to reopen it as a gas station," Wolf said.
A buyer has come forward to purchase the property, Wolf said. The station will undergo some renovations, including remodeling and updating, he said, and will then be up and running.
"I'd like to see it done tomorrow, but we're hoping within the next 30 to 60 days the gas station will be back up and open for business," Wolf said.
E.H. Wolf & Sons purchased Hopson Oil Co. Inc. in July. The company owns the station on North Street, a gas station on White Rock Avenue, as well as one in Menomonee Falls.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Ring in the cold: Waukesha Christmas parade planning begins
- Waukesha County exec draws up his five-year plan
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub reopens with mostly new staff in Waukesha
- Waukesha's public schools slip a bit, CMH doesn't in ACT test scores
- Habitat for Humanity's ReStore shop in Waukesha is a good deal for nonprofit, shoppers
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub in downtown Waukesha reopening today
- Habitat for Humanity of Waukesha County opening ReStore in Waukesha
- Gas main break disrupts Waukesha neighborhood, but causes no serious problems