You see a pesky traffic signal flashing red — a sure sign that it's not working correctly. You want to report it, but who do you call?
The easiest way for Waukesha residents to report a malfunctioning traffic signal is to call the City of Waukesha Department of Public Works at (262) 524-3600, said Mike Grulke, the traffic engineer for the city.
A traffic signal in Waukesha can be maintained by either the city of Waukesha, Waukesha County or the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. Many of the traffic signals within Waukesha are owned and maintained by the city, Grulke said.
However, there are a few signals at intersections, mainly on the larger roadways surrounding Waukesha, that are maintained by WisDOT or Waukesha County. Typically, traffic signals on Moreland Boulevard from Manhattan Drive to Interstate 94 and on Les Paul Parkway are owned and maintained by WisDOT, Grulke said.
It can get confusing, which is why the city of Waukesha encourages residents to call the public works number to report a traffic signal malfunction, he said.
"Regardless of what traffic signal it is, either our forces will look at it or we can direct them to the right person at another agency or can even let the maintaining agency know the about the problem for them," Grulke said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly assaulting 12-year-old boy
- Disgraced former Waukesha County sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Former sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, awards lunch, health clinics and more
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Waukesha man accused of delivering drugs that caused overdose death
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Waukesha lists curbside pickup and drop-off center times for leaves
- Spooky, isn't it: Halloween season kicks in Waukesha with Wisconsin Feargrounds
- Waukesha County budget avoids adding to tax bill