In the middle of July, the intersection of West Moreland Boulevard and Pewaukee Road was dug up for work, then repaved. A few days later it was dug up and repaved again. Then shortly after that, it was dug up, then repaved, a third time.
So why would this same small section of pavement have to be dug up and repaved three times? Couldn't they have taken care of all the work required at the same time, to avoid having to repave the road three times?
According to Kelly Zylstra, a technical services manager with the Waukesha Water Utility, the intersection was dug up for the first time to install a new larger water main at the site, then the spot was repaved. Shortly afterward, the city received a report that water was leaking up through the pavement, and it was discovered that the new main had a break at a joint.
On July 13, a contractor dug up the spot for the second time, to fix the break, then repaved it. While the repair work was being performed, a We Energies watchdog who was there to observe noticed that a nearby high-pressure gas line needed work on the line's coating. We Energies dug up the intersection for the third time to repair the gas line, then once again repaved it.
What do you want to know? E-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plowshare's latest fall fashion show in Waukesha goes decisively global
- Town of Waukesha Fire Department hosting open house, pancake breakfast
- Former Waukesha pastor charged with sexual assault pleads not guilty
- Two suspects broke into Tobacco Outlet Plus this week in Waukesha
- District: 'inappropriate image wasn't taken with school iPad,' but police say device part of investigation
- Sex assault charges the latest filed against Hartland man
- Lowell Elementary School goes on lockdown after intruder assaults three people
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Montessori gala, art displays and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Reads program is under way