Verizon store robbed at gunpoint
A Verizon store, 1921 Silvernail Road, was robbed at gunpoint by two men, who allegedly stole $50,000 worth of phones, Jan. 30.
According to the police dispatch log, both men were wearing black hooded sweatshirts. One man was wearing a batman mask and the other had a scarf over his face. The men were described as 6 foot and thin build.
The men fled on foot after stealing the equipment. According to the police log, there were three employees in the store at the time, but no customers.
Capt. Ron Oremus said footprints were spotted at the scene going to a vehicle, but with it snowing that afternoon they disappeared quickly.
And while not confirmed, Oremus said this robbery could be related to a robbery at a Verizon store in Shorewood two days earlier. That store, at 4144 N. Oakland Ave., was robbed at gunpoint as well.
Police are still searching for the suspects.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plan tosses in new ideas in garbage collection in Waukesha
- Two more Waukesha-area forums focus on District 97 state race
- Community briefs: July 31, 2014 issue
- Controversial book will remain in Waukesha School District's libraries
- One will emerge from crowded GOP field for District 97 assembly seat
- Waukesha Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of possessing a large amount of child pornography
- Waukesha police respond to couple fighting after an alleged argument over dance music at Salty Toad
- 'Loud political conversation' brings police to Waukesha residence
- Waukesha man accused of child sex assault for groping 12-year-old girls