Verizon store robbed at gunpoint
A Verizon store, 1921 Silvernail Road, was robbed at gunpoint by two men, who allegedly stole $50,000 worth of phones, Jan. 30.
According to the police dispatch log, both men were wearing black hooded sweatshirts. One man was wearing a batman mask and the other had a scarf over his face. The men were described as 6 foot and thin build.
The men fled on foot after stealing the equipment. According to the police log, there were three employees in the store at the time, but no customers.
Capt. Ron Oremus said footprints were spotted at the scene going to a vehicle, but with it snowing that afternoon they disappeared quickly.
And while not confirmed, Oremus said this robbery could be related to a robbery at a Verizon store in Shorewood two days earlier. That store, at 4144 N. Oakland Ave., was robbed at gunpoint as well.
Police are still searching for the suspects.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha domestic violence investigation turns out to be consensual "rough sex'"
- Waukesha NOW wins four awards in Wisconsin Newspaper Awards contest
- Park approved for River Hills neighborhood on city's southwest side
- Teen charged with selling handgun to minor
- Waukesha DNR employee charged with stealing cash, trail passes
- Waukesha mayoral candidates at odds over city issues
- Town of Waukesha candidate forum still scheduled despite two not attending
- Police Report: March 6
- Expansion at Eaton Cooper Power will create 200 jobs
- Audit questions Waukesha County Museum's future