Verizon store robbed at gunpoint
A Verizon store, 1921 Silvernail Road, was robbed at gunpoint by two men, who allegedly stole $50,000 worth of phones, Jan. 30.
According to the police dispatch log, both men were wearing black hooded sweatshirts. One man was wearing a batman mask and the other had a scarf over his face. The men were described as 6 foot and thin build.
The men fled on foot after stealing the equipment. According to the police log, there were three employees in the store at the time, but no customers.
Capt. Ron Oremus said footprints were spotted at the scene going to a vehicle, but with it snowing that afternoon they disappeared quickly.
And while not confirmed, Oremus said this robbery could be related to a robbery at a Verizon store in Shorewood two days earlier. That store, at 4144 N. Oakland Ave., was robbed at gunpoint as well.
Police are still searching for the suspects.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha police respond to 'rowdy' wrestling fans
- District 97 state assembly seat sees another Republican, libertarian file
- Neylon announces his re-election bid for his District 98 assembly seat
- Bunny Hop, Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for Saturday in downtown Waukesha
- Thursday paper delayed
- Waukesha Town Chairman John Marek battles car fire in Muskego
- Former Town of Waukesha Supervisor Joe Banske running for District 97 state assembly seat
- Shawn Reilly sworn in as Waukesha's new mayor
- Editorial: Renaming Central as Les Paul Middle School a strum of genius
- Appeals court reverses local ruling on Waukesha man's deportation