A formal recognition at the next Common Council meeting scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Tuesday will take place for former City of Waukesha Mayor Joe LaPorte.
LaPorte died Feb. 17. He was 91.
LaPorte was mayor of Waukesha from 1978-82 and a former City of Waukesha alderman.
He also served as a county supervisor.
The recognition takes place inside the City Hall Council Chambers, 201 Delafield St.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at Waukesha schools
- City of Waukesha debates how to fill top-level jobs