A formal recognition at the next Common Council meeting scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Tuesday will take place for former City of Waukesha Mayor Joe LaPorte.
LaPorte died Feb. 17. He was 91.
LaPorte was mayor of Waukesha from 1978-82 and a former City of Waukesha alderman.
He also served as a county supervisor.
The recognition takes place inside the City Hall Council Chambers, 201 Delafield St.
- Long-term construction project on Moreland Boulevard in Waukesha begins
- Police searching for man mistakenly released from Waukesha County Jail
- Waukesha panel delays decision on proposed development at Gasthaus site (1)
- Waukesha News Briefs: May 5, 2016 issue
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Choral concert, art crawl and more
- Waukesha police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- WWII veteran Alvin Kind receives honorary high school diploma
- Review: Waukesha Civic Theater's 'Annie Get Your Gun' hits the mark
- Just kids from Waukesha County: Joe Schobert, Derek Watt make history in 2016 NFL Draft (2)
- Service area reduced for Waukesha's water diversion application (3)