A formal recognition at the next Common Council meeting scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Tuesday will take place for former City of Waukesha Mayor Joe LaPorte.
LaPorte died Feb. 17. He was 91.
LaPorte was mayor of Waukesha from 1978-82 and a former City of Waukesha alderman.
He also served as a county supervisor.
The recognition takes place inside the City Hall Council Chambers, 201 Delafield St.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cuddles shop in downtown Waukesha closing its doors
- Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas holding virtual Town Hall meeting on Twitter
- Storms do damage once again in Waukesha
- Driving lesson in Waukesha's Prairie Home Cemetery results in police call
- Ideal weather helps boost Waukesha County Fair attendance
- Waukesha stabbing victim receives military Purple Heart
- Shoppes at Fox River gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- City of Waukesha will have new system for garbage, recycling pickup in 2015
- Two more Waukesha-area forums focus on District 97 state race
- Community briefs: July 31, 2014 issue