A formal recognition at the next Common Council meeting scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Tuesday will take place for former City of Waukesha Mayor Joe LaPorte.
LaPorte died Feb. 17. He was 91.
LaPorte was mayor of Waukesha from 1978-82 and a former City of Waukesha alderman.
He also served as a county supervisor.
The recognition takes place inside the City Hall Council Chambers, 201 Delafield St.
- Reconstruction of Tenny Avenue in Waukesha prompts short-term closure of nearby intersection
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more
- Blair Innovation Flair creates challenges for all to share
- Construction won't stop Waukesha's annual Memorial Day festivities
- Waukesha police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Greats Lakes panel approves Waukesha water application with conditions
- Q&A with Jody Landish, Waukesha schools' new assistant superintendent
- Construction cuts into major roadways in Waukesha this year