A formal recognition at the next Common Council meeting scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Tuesday will take place for former City of Waukesha Mayor Joe LaPorte.
LaPorte died Feb. 17. He was 91.
LaPorte was mayor of Waukesha from 1978-82 and a former City of Waukesha alderman.
He also served as a county supervisor.
The recognition takes place inside the City Hall Council Chambers, 201 Delafield St.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Town of Waukesha in search of a new attorney
- Female driver crashes vehicle into Waukesha Memorial Hospital
- Waukesha man faces 10 counts of child porn possession
- Waukesha County will likely oppose arena tax
- Apartment complex proposed
- Waukesha man charged in motorcyclist's death
- Downtown Waukesha's logo could see a makeover
- City of Waukesha will have a new attorney next spring
- City of Waukesha's mayoral race has three candidates so far
- Local dance team tops in the region