Several Waukesha basketball players and coaches will be honored in October when the Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association's annual awards banquet takes place at the Marriott West Motel in Middleton. The banquet is set for Oct. 8.
Roy Birk, arguably the best basketball player in the history of Waukesha High School, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame that night under the player's category. Birk still holds the scoring record at the WIAA state tournament.
Neal Nelson, the men's basketball coach at UW-Waukesha, will be honored by the association for winning 500 games at UWW. Nelson has coached at the school for the last 28 years.
Greg Vock, former girls basketball coach at Kettle Moraine, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame that night. Bo Ryan, who coaches the Wisconsin Badgers men's team, will also enter the Hall of Fame. Both Vock and Ryan will be inducted into the coach's category.
- Wisco to Rio: Tri and tri again: Jorgensen ready for second chance at Olympic gold
- Girls soccer: Waukesha West girls soccer gets by Arrowhead with late goal
- Basketball: Don LaValle hired as boys basketball coach at Waukesha West
- Just kids from Waukesha County: Joe Schobert, Derek Watt make history in 2016 NFL Draft (2)
- Boys basketball: Catholic Memorial lands former Germantown boys basketball coach Steve Showalter
- Football: Waukesha West's Joe Schobert selected in NFL Draft
- Longtime Waukesha South athletics director Dan Domach ready to relax
- Brookfield Central athletic director Todd Sobrilsky to take same position at Waukesha South
- Boys basketball: Waukesha North repeats its regional magic
- Bautz earns Memorial's first WIAA state wrestling title