Several Waukesha basketball players and coaches will be honored in October when the Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association's annual awards banquet takes place at the Marriott West Motel in Middleton. The banquet is set for Oct. 8.
Roy Birk, arguably the best basketball player in the history of Waukesha High School, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame that night under the player's category. Birk still holds the scoring record at the WIAA state tournament.
Neal Nelson, the men's basketball coach at UW-Waukesha, will be honored by the association for winning 500 games at UWW. Nelson has coached at the school for the last 28 years.
Greg Vock, former girls basketball coach at Kettle Moraine, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame that night. Bo Ryan, who coaches the Wisconsin Badgers men's team, will also enter the Hall of Fame. Both Vock and Ryan will be inducted into the coach's category.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Poll: Will Catholic Memorial or Muskego win in Week 7 matchup?
- Football: Memorial escapes with another close one
- Football: Waukesha West holds on for big win
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26
- Waukesha sports: Crusaders volleyball once again atop the heap
- Football: Poll: Will Arrowhead or Waukesha West win in Week 6 matchup?
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Football: Memorial thwarted by last-minute drive
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- Girls volleyball: Catholic Memorial too stingy for Warhawks spikers