The Catholic Memorial boys volleyball team took second-seeded Burlington to a fourth game, but the Demons ultimately won en route to a state runner-up finish with a 25-15, 25-20, 22-25, 25-22 victory in the WIAA state quarterfinal Nov. 9.
The match, held at Wisconsin Lutheran College in Wauwatosa, featured a balanced CMH attack. Chandler North finished with 15 kills, Jonathan Rymer 14 and Eric Schmitz 10, with Paul Heyrman handing out 28 assists and Rymer finishing with eight digs.
The Crusaders finished 27-10. Appleton North defeated Burlington in the state final Saturday evening.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baseball: Memorial keeps pressure on to reach first sectional since 2007
- Baseball: Memorial finishes second in Classic 8 baseball
- Baseball: Baseball teams learn playoff destiny
- Bowling: Waukesha Bowling Association inducts Hall of Famers
- Bowling keeps shrinking in Lake Country and Waukesha
- Emily Cervantes voted top player again in Classic 8
- State title remains elusive for Waukesha West girls soccer team
- Catholic Memorial girls win 10th state soccer title
- Boys tennis: CMH doubles team leaves mark on history
- Girls soccer: CMH makes annual pilgrimmage to state soccer