Former Catholic Memorial volleyball standout Kelli Browning capped a tremendous season for Creighton University, helping her team to the second round of the NCAA Tournament over the weekend.
No. 21 Creighton defeated local squad Marquette in three sets before falling to host Minnesota in four sets
The 6-4 sophomore joined teammate Megan Bober on the AVCA All-Central Region First team, the first time Creighton has ever placed two players on the All-Region squad in the same season.
Browning was named MVC Defensive Player of the Year and a first-team All Conference choice after averaging 2.82 kills and 1.65 blocks per set. Her 189 assist blocks established an MVC single-season record, and her 204 total blocks and .370 hitting percentage also set Creighton single-season marks. She tied a league mark with 15 block assists in a match Sept. 28 and will enter 2013 as the school's all-time career leader in hitting percentage (. 340) and blocks per set (1.35).
The Blue Jays finished 29-4, their best season ever, wrapping with their first MVC regular-season and tournament titles.
Browning won three straight state championships with the Crusaders.
- Baseball: Waukesha West's Jarred Kelenic makes cut for Team USA U18 baseball team
- Girls soccer: Catholic Memorial girls soccer wins fifth straight state title
- Waukesha South tennis falls in state quarterfinal
- Boys basketball: Catholic Memorial turns to Serath to lead hoops program
- Lacrosse: Catholic Memorial claims boys D2 lacrosse title
- Girls soccer: Waukesha West dominates on its way to state tournament
- Boys golf: Catholic Memorial golfers apply the pressure, emerge with state-title gem
- Boys tennis: Catholic Memorial High School finishes tennis season with two state placewinners
- Track and field: Waukesha West's Emma Langer caps career atop podium as 4x800-meter relay strikes gold
- Track and field: Catholic Memorial lands three relay titles at state track and field