Waukesha South has named Bo Richter as its new head boys basketball coach. The 2005 graduate of South is currently a physical education and health teacher at the school.
Richter, who was a freshman boys basketball coach and assistant varsity coach the past two seasons, replaces Billy Swartz, who resigned to take an assistant coaching position at Carroll University in Waukesha.
Richter appeared in at least 23 games all four years at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville following his graduation from South, where he averaged 13.5 points, 5.7 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game as a senior and earned first-team All Conference accolades.
South has struggled the past two years, amassing just one conference victory after going 8-6 in 2010-11 (15-9 overall) and reaching the WIAA sectional.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Basketball: West basketball teams making early noise
- Waukesha West's Elijah Fort named co-Player of the Year in Classic 8
- Girls swimming: Meitz, Blackshirts have golden touch
- Boys volleyball: Germantown rallies to down CMH at state tourney
- Social media story: Prep football playoffs: Waukesha West vs. Kimberly
- Football: West gives mighty Kimberly a push, but falls
- Girls swimming: Waukesha South/Mukwonago girls swimming and diving team going for third straight Division 1 state title
- Football: Waukesha West wears down Waterford in Level 3 playoff game
- WIAA sports: Catholic Memorial, Waukesha West play on in football playoffs
- WIAA playoffs: Catholic Memorial whips New Berlin West