Waukesha North announced the hiring of Scott Jazdzewski to take the reins of the football program this week. He takes over for Kevin Yarbrough.
Jazdzewski spent 2009 as head coach at Waupun, and he spent four seasons coaching and teaching in Arizona prior to arriving in Wisconsin. He served as varsity assistant and offensive line coach at Mesquite High School in Gilbert, Ariz., for two years and also coached in Chandler and Scottsdale.
"I am aware of the positive reputation and quality of schools in the Waukesha School District," Jazdzewski said in a North release. "I have never been one to back down from a challenge, and I look forward to the opportunity to make North High School the class of Waukesha and the Classic 8 Conference."
Jazdzewski is not new to the state. He spent 2002-04 as a member of the coaching staff at St. Mary's Springs in Fond du Lac - a team that won the Division 6 state championship in 2002 and finished second one year later. He also spent a season at LaFollette High School in Madison.
"His references spoke highly of his passion for football and view him as a leader in his understanding of the game and his ability to relate it to student-athletes," said athletics director Bob Blessington. "Throughout the interview process, we were impressed with Scott's passion in developing the leadership skills of his athletes and instilling lifelong lessons in the young men who participate in the Northstar football program."
Jazdzewski has also established a national football organization called the Flexbone Association, a network of high school and college coaches locally and nationally.
The organization's website cites its mission as to "increase the fundamental knowledge and promotion of the flexbone offense in organized football throughout the world."
- Baseball: Controversy surrounds Northstars' sectional loss
- Live coverage: 2016 WIAA Summer Baseball Sectional Round
- Track and field: Waukesha West's Erik Sowinski misses Olympic bid by less than second
- Baseball: Waukesha West's Jarred Kelenic makes cut for Team USA U18 baseball team
- Girls soccer: Catholic Memorial girls soccer wins fifth straight state title
- Waukesha South tennis falls in state quarterfinal
- Boys basketball: Catholic Memorial turns to Serath to lead hoops program
- Lacrosse: Catholic Memorial claims boys D2 lacrosse title
- Girls soccer: Waukesha West dominates on its way to state tournament
- Boys golf: Catholic Memorial golfers apply the pressure, emerge with state-title gem