Waukesha North announced the hiring of Scott Jazdzewski to take the reins of the football program this week. He takes over for Kevin Yarbrough.
Jazdzewski spent 2009 as head coach at Waupun, and he spent four seasons coaching and teaching in Arizona prior to arriving in Wisconsin. He served as varsity assistant and offensive line coach at Mesquite High School in Gilbert, Ariz., for two years and also coached in Chandler and Scottsdale.
"I am aware of the positive reputation and quality of schools in the Waukesha School District," Jazdzewski said in a North release. "I have never been one to back down from a challenge, and I look forward to the opportunity to make North High School the class of Waukesha and the Classic 8 Conference."
Jazdzewski is not new to the state. He spent 2002-04 as a member of the coaching staff at St. Mary's Springs in Fond du Lac - a team that won the Division 6 state championship in 2002 and finished second one year later. He also spent a season at LaFollette High School in Madison.
"His references spoke highly of his passion for football and view him as a leader in his understanding of the game and his ability to relate it to student-athletes," said athletics director Bob Blessington. "Throughout the interview process, we were impressed with Scott's passion in developing the leadership skills of his athletes and instilling lifelong lessons in the young men who participate in the Northstar football program."
Jazdzewski has also established a national football organization called the Flexbone Association, a network of high school and college coaches locally and nationally.
The organization's website cites its mission as to "increase the fundamental knowledge and promotion of the flexbone offense in organized football throughout the world."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baseball: Baseball teams eschewing hand signals for quarterback-style numbers game
- Baseball: Mukwonago tops Waukesha West when it counts
- Baseball: Waukesha baseball teams head into playoffs
- Baseball: Kundinger dazzles, West still in hunt
- Hockey: Former Waukesha goalie Kupsky drafted by San Jose Sharks
- Baseball: Brotherly battle favors Waukesha West
- From the pressbox: New sport finds footing at Moor Downs in Waukesha
- Girls soccer: Catholic Memorial soccer once again the best in the state
- Boys golf: Crusaders settle for third this time around
- Girls soccer: Rolli finds balance to become star for CMH soccer