Waukesha North announced the hiring of Scott Jazdzewski to take the reins of the football program this week. He takes over for Kevin Yarbrough.
Jazdzewski spent 2009 as head coach at Waupun, and he spent four seasons coaching and teaching in Arizona prior to arriving in Wisconsin. He served as varsity assistant and offensive line coach at Mesquite High School in Gilbert, Ariz., for two years and also coached in Chandler and Scottsdale.
"I am aware of the positive reputation and quality of schools in the Waukesha School District," Jazdzewski said in a North release. "I have never been one to back down from a challenge, and I look forward to the opportunity to make North High School the class of Waukesha and the Classic 8 Conference."
Jazdzewski is not new to the state. He spent 2002-04 as a member of the coaching staff at St. Mary's Springs in Fond du Lac - a team that won the Division 6 state championship in 2002 and finished second one year later. He also spent a season at LaFollette High School in Madison.
"His references spoke highly of his passion for football and view him as a leader in his understanding of the game and his ability to relate it to student-athletes," said athletics director Bob Blessington. "Throughout the interview process, we were impressed with Scott's passion in developing the leadership skills of his athletes and instilling lifelong lessons in the young men who participate in the Northstar football program."
Jazdzewski has also established a national football organization called the Flexbone Association, a network of high school and college coaches locally and nationally.
The organization's website cites its mission as to "increase the fundamental knowledge and promotion of the flexbone offense in organized football throughout the world."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girls soccer: Waukesha West finishes second at state
- Girls soccer: CMH girls soccer repeats as champion
- Boys tennis: Waukesha West falls in tennis state quarterfinal
- Girls soccer: Waukesha West, Catholic Memorial make annual state soccer trip
- Boys golf: Memorial wins Division 2 golf title
- Track and field: Tiahnybik finds his breakthrough
- Track and field: Rohde spectacular at state meet
- Why did they install mountain bike trails at Minooka Park?
- Waukesha West boys tennis team wins sectional, earns second straight state berth
- Postseason begins for Waukesha tennis, track standouts