The Catholic Memorial boys volleyball team took second-seeded Burlington to a fourth game, but the Demons ultimately won en route to a state runner-up finish with a 25-15, 25-20, 22-25, 25-22 victory in the WIAA state quarterfinal Nov. 9.
The match, held at Wisconsin Lutheran College in Wauwatosa, featured a balanced CMH attack. Chandler North finished with 15 kills, Jonathan Rymer 14 and Eric Schmitz 10, with Paul Heyrman handing out 28 assists and Rymer finishing with eight digs.
The Crusaders finished 27-10. Appleton North defeated Burlington in the state final Saturday evening.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Football: Memorial thwarted by last-minute drive
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- Girls volleyball: Catholic Memorial too stingy for Warhawks spikers
- Borton, Muskego football team run past Waukesha South
- Football: Waukesha West's Conor Blount too much for Mukwonago
- Football: Throwback Gromacki gears for major clash with Arrowhead
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 5
- Muskego runs wild on Waukesha South, putting a damper on Blackshirts' home opener
- Football: Waukesha North rallies behind Tromblay for thrilling win