The Catholic Memorial boys volleyball team took second-seeded Burlington to a fourth game, but the Demons ultimately won en route to a state runner-up finish with a 25-15, 25-20, 22-25, 25-22 victory in the WIAA state quarterfinal Nov. 9.
The match, held at Wisconsin Lutheran College in Wauwatosa, featured a balanced CMH attack. Chandler North finished with 15 kills, Jonathan Rymer 14 and Eric Schmitz 10, with Paul Heyrman handing out 28 assists and Rymer finishing with eight digs.
The Crusaders finished 27-10. Appleton North defeated Burlington in the state final Saturday evening.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Track and field: Merriweather, Langer among leaders at Classic 8 indoor track and field meet
- Baseball: Waukesha West graduate Solberg hits his stride for UWM baseball team
- Boys basketball: Waukesha West's Cowser, North's Becker land on first team all-conference
- Girls basketball: Waukesha North's Jessica Kelliher given All-State nod
- Boys swimming: Fahey a believer after breakout season
- Girls basketball: Waukesha West girls basketball team finds alternatives, tops Sussex Hamilton
- Wrestling: Yatchak grabs podium spot for Waukesha South
- Boys basketball: Eisenhower dials long distance, downs CMH
- Boys basketball: CMH advances past New Berlin West
- Wrestling: South sends three onward to state wrestling meet