The Catholic Memorial boys volleyball team took second-seeded Burlington to a fourth game, but the Demons ultimately won en route to a state runner-up finish with a 25-15, 25-20, 22-25, 25-22 victory in the WIAA state quarterfinal Nov. 9.
The match, held at Wisconsin Lutheran College in Wauwatosa, featured a balanced CMH attack. Chandler North finished with 15 kills, Jonathan Rymer 14 and Eric Schmitz 10, with Paul Heyrman handing out 28 assists and Rymer finishing with eight digs.
The Crusaders finished 27-10. Appleton North defeated Burlington in the state final Saturday evening.
- Longtime Waukesha South athletics director Dan Domach ready to relax
- Brookfield Central athletic director Todd Sobrilsky to take same position at Waukesha South
- Boys basketball: Waukesha North repeats its regional magic
- Bautz earns Memorial's first WIAA state wrestling title
- Girls basketball: Waukesha West succumbs to Mukwonago in second half
- Waukesha sports: South's Barreiro wins league wrestling title
- Boys basketball: Waukesha North's Marquis Carter returns from injury, puts Northstars in title contention
- Football: AJ Raebel replacing Dave Rusch as Waukesha South's head football coach
- Year in Review: Waukesha Replay: A look back at the top 2015 sports stories in the area
- Track and field: Waukesha athletes run to runner-up spots