The Catholic Memorial boys volleyball team took second-seeded Burlington to a fourth game, but the Demons ultimately won en route to a state runner-up finish with a 25-15, 25-20, 22-25, 25-22 victory in the WIAA state quarterfinal Nov. 9.
The match, held at Wisconsin Lutheran College in Wauwatosa, featured a balanced CMH attack. Chandler North finished with 15 kills, Jonathan Rymer 14 and Eric Schmitz 10, with Paul Heyrman handing out 28 assists and Rymer finishing with eight digs.
The Crusaders finished 27-10. Appleton North defeated Burlington in the state final Saturday evening.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baseball: Baseball teams eschewing hand signals for quarterback-style numbers game
- Baseball: Mukwonago tops Waukesha West when it counts
- Baseball: Waukesha baseball teams head into playoffs
- Baseball: Kundinger dazzles, West still in hunt
- Hockey: Former Waukesha goalie Kupsky drafted by San Jose Sharks
- Baseball: Brotherly battle favors Waukesha West
- From the pressbox: New sport finds footing at Moor Downs in Waukesha
- Girls soccer: Catholic Memorial soccer once again the best in the state
- Boys golf: Crusaders settle for third this time around
- Girls soccer: Rolli finds balance to become star for CMH soccer