The Catholic Memorial boys volleyball team took second-seeded Burlington to a fourth game, but the Demons ultimately won en route to a state runner-up finish with a 25-15, 25-20, 22-25, 25-22 victory in the WIAA state quarterfinal Nov. 9.
The match, held at Wisconsin Lutheran College in Wauwatosa, featured a balanced CMH attack. Chandler North finished with 15 kills, Jonathan Rymer 14 and Eric Schmitz 10, with Paul Heyrman handing out 28 assists and Rymer finishing with eight digs.
The Crusaders finished 27-10. Appleton North defeated Burlington in the state final Saturday evening.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Postseason begins for Waukesha tennis, track standouts
- Rugby event featuring CMH comes to Wisconsin
- Coaching maneuvers impact CMH, Carroll
- South grad Jorgensen on top of the world
- Delzer remembers his Final Four experience
- Expect much the same from Catholic Memorial girls soccer team
- Girls basketball: Waukesha West girls win first regional title
- Girls basketball: Germantown runs by Waukesha South
- Boys hockey: Wings hockey falls one win shy of state
- Boys basketball: Crusaders play on to WIAA sectional