The Catholic Memorial boys volleyball team took second-seeded Burlington to a fourth game, but the Demons ultimately won en route to a state runner-up finish with a 25-15, 25-20, 22-25, 25-22 victory in the WIAA state quarterfinal Nov. 9.
The match, held at Wisconsin Lutheran College in Wauwatosa, featured a balanced CMH attack. Chandler North finished with 15 kills, Jonathan Rymer 14 and Eric Schmitz 10, with Paul Heyrman handing out 28 assists and Rymer finishing with eight digs.
The Crusaders finished 27-10. Appleton North defeated Burlington in the state final Saturday evening.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girls basketball: Waukesha North senior Jessica Kelliher enjoyed basketball season for the ages
- Underdog Waukesha North basketball team knocks off Pewaukee, earns sectional berth
- Girls basketball: Third time will be the charm when Arrowhead and Waukesha West meet again
- Kelliher reaches 2,000-point mark to close career
- Girls basketball: Turnovers, second-quarter struggle hurt Mukwonago as Waukesha West advances
- Boys swimming: Swimmers finish year at state meet
- Girls basketball: Dani Rhodes looks to lead Waukesha West to new heights
- Wrestling: Two wrestlers apiece from South, CMH headed to state
- Waukesha roundup: Swimmers grab titles at league meet
- Boys hockey: Stemberger's stunning goal gives Lasers huge overtime win over Waukesha