Zack Henderson, Brady Kais and Ty Ramirez pooled their efforts for a no-hitter as the Greendale baseball team blanked Shorewood 10-0 on Friday evening.
Henderson worked the first three innings, striking out six. Then Kais took the next two and fanned two more hitters. Ramirez then finished up in the six-inning game.
Leading the offense were Justin Povlick at 3-for-4 with a run batted in, Henderson at 2-for-3 with a double and two RBIs and Joe Grabowski with one hit and two RBIs.
The Panthers tallied four runs in the third inning, then just kept building the lead until the game ended in the sixth on the 10-run lead rule.
Greendale followed up with a 10-4 triumph over Cudahy on Saturday afternoon behind the pitching of Zach Miller, Mitchell Brees and Chris Carloni. Brees picked up the victory in relief.
Henderson went 2-for-4 with a double and two RBIs, while Brees and Sam Sabinash each tallied two hits and two RBIs.
The two victories boosted Greendale to 8-9 in the Woodland Conference West Division and 12-15 overall.
The Panthers had dropped a 12-7 decision to Woodland West tri-champion Wauwatosa West on July 2, splitting their two-game set with the Trojans.
Greendale fell behind 9-1 before tallying four in the seventh and falling short. Tristan Pipp belted his first varsity home run and drove in a pair of runs, while Ramirez went 3-for-3.
The Panthers opened WIAA regional action Tuesday against West Allis Central (7-23). If they won, they would travel to second seed New Berlin West at 5 p.m. Friday for a regional championship contest. They lost two 8-5 decisions to the Vikings this season, as they were hurt by walks in both games.
The winner travels to Whitnall High School at 2 p.m. Monday for a sectional semifinal game. The title game is at Whitnall at 5 p.m. that day.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Germantown completely stymied by Catholic Memorial
- Football: Nicolet back, but Waukesha South shines in opener
- Gridiron Guide: 2015 Waukesha West Wolverines football preview
- Gridiron Guide: 2015 Waukesha South Blackshirts football preview
- Gridiron Guide: 2015 Waukesha North Northstars football preview
- Gridiron Guide: 2015 Catholic Memorial Crusaders football preview
- Basketball: Sam Katula named new boys basketball coach at Waukesha North
- Baseball: Baseball teams eschewing hand signals for quarterback-style numbers game
- Baseball: Mukwonago tops Waukesha West when it counts
- Baseball: Waukesha baseball teams head into playoffs