Zack Henderson, Brady Kais and Ty Ramirez pooled their efforts for a no-hitter as the Greendale baseball team blanked Shorewood 10-0 on Friday evening.
Henderson worked the first three innings, striking out six. Then Kais took the next two and fanned two more hitters. Ramirez then finished up in the six-inning game.
Leading the offense were Justin Povlick at 3-for-4 with a run batted in, Henderson at 2-for-3 with a double and two RBIs and Joe Grabowski with one hit and two RBIs.
The Panthers tallied four runs in the third inning, then just kept building the lead until the game ended in the sixth on the 10-run lead rule.
Greendale followed up with a 10-4 triumph over Cudahy on Saturday afternoon behind the pitching of Zach Miller, Mitchell Brees and Chris Carloni. Brees picked up the victory in relief.
Henderson went 2-for-4 with a double and two RBIs, while Brees and Sam Sabinash each tallied two hits and two RBIs.
The two victories boosted Greendale to 8-9 in the Woodland Conference West Division and 12-15 overall.
The Panthers had dropped a 12-7 decision to Woodland West tri-champion Wauwatosa West on July 2, splitting their two-game set with the Trojans.
Greendale fell behind 9-1 before tallying four in the seventh and falling short. Tristan Pipp belted his first varsity home run and drove in a pair of runs, while Ramirez went 3-for-3.
The Panthers opened WIAA regional action Tuesday against West Allis Central (7-23). If they won, they would travel to second seed New Berlin West at 5 p.m. Friday for a regional championship contest. They lost two 8-5 decisions to the Vikings this season, as they were hurt by walks in both games.
The winner travels to Whitnall High School at 2 p.m. Monday for a sectional semifinal game. The title game is at Whitnall at 5 p.m. that day.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Memorial thwarted by last-minute drive
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- Girls volleyball: Catholic Memorial too stingy for Warhawks spikers
- Borton, Muskego football team run past Waukesha South
- Football: Waukesha West's Conor Blount too much for Mukwonago
- Football: Throwback Gromacki gears for major clash with Arrowhead
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 5
- Muskego runs wild on Waukesha South, putting a damper on Blackshirts' home opener
- Football: Waukesha North rallies behind Tromblay for thrilling win
- Football: Waukesha West dominates New Berlin West